Lansing Iowa

Closest prairie dogs I've seen is just outside of Murdo, SD. There should be plenty of woodchuck. We deer hunt there....bring your 35 whelen, 350 legend, 12 ga slug gun.....you can ask and maybe find some dandy deer. Maybe....

I'll bet they've got coyotes running each other over to find a fox pro.

We have a cabin south of there in Guttenberg, no prairie dogs. I know this is a hunting page, but if you like fishing at all the driftless region is a beautiful area to Trout fish in Iowa.

I didn't think there was any, but I thought I would ask.
Hi, there are no prairie dogs here in Iowa and not many ground hogs to hunt. We have a good deer herd, but if you're only going to be here for 6 weeks you'll miss the deer season. Actually our hunting seasons are pretty much over until fall for non-residents. Coyote hunting can be fair-to-good depending on the area but there is a lot of mange and it's hardly worth it. Sorry to be so bleak. I hunt everything in Iowa and this just isn't the time of year to hunt anything. But there are a lot of other things to enjoy this time of year in that area, mostly tourist thngs, plus fishng. We have a wonderful state. Check on line with the DNR for shooting ranges in that area and at least you can shoot while you're here. Welcome.

Open season on English Sparrows and European Starlings!!!! They are invasive species and may be shot year around. Great target practice for airguns, 17's and 22 rimfires. I have been bored enough to use anything handy to blow them away. Ever seen what little is left after a 12 gauge slug or a 44 magnum does to them?? Anyway......you may have a better chance wingshooting some good eating pigeons. Leave your long range stuff at home!!