Lake City Ammo Plant

Rflshootr

Here is something that I came across that should raise your blood pressure, and if it doesn't, you definitely aren't a true shooter or hand loader.

https://www.tactical****.com/lake-c...AV8IE1R1O&trk_link=FDGD9KRVGPQ4H4NV0CM7ST0G74

In October 2023, the Czechoslovak Group (CSG), of Prague, Czech Republic, entered into a definitive agreement to buy the ammunition brands of Vista Outdoor Inc. for $1.9 billion. Vista is an outdoor sports company that specializes in outdoor products, i.e., camp equipment, and shooting sports, i.e., ammunition.

n February, U.S.-based MNC Capital Partners and a private equity partner made their first offer to buy Vista for $35.00 per share in cash for both the outdoor products and ammunition pieces. The offer was rejected by the Vista board in March.)

The senators claim the deal will put a foreign company that has ties to Russia and China in control of primer production, and at the helm of the Lake City Army Ammunition Plant, a government-owned, contractor-operated producer of small arms ammunition for the U.S. government and civilian buyers.

The acquisition must be approved by the Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States (CFIUS) and Senator Kennedy asked Janet Yellen, the Secretary of the Treasury to ensure that CFIUS will "carefully examine national security concerns of the proposed acquisition."

The comment related to Lake City is incorrect. Vista Outdoors never ran LC, it was ATK (Who owned what was spun off as Vista Outdoors) who had the contract for a while before Olin Winchester took over in 2020.

Vista is in no way, shape, or form connected to LC now. It's a GOCO plant currently operated by Winchester. Vista was never directly involved in its operation, but one of their previous owners was the operator for a while.