Ladder test without suppressor on a normally suppressed rifle

Colin78

Shooting suppressed heats the barrel much faster than without the suppressor. I have some ladder tests to run and would prefer to run them without the suppressor but wasn't sure what effect that would have on the ladder test. I don't care about POI, just looking for top end before pressure and a good area with a flat velocity.

It may or may not make a difference, each gun can be different when you add or take away a suppressor . If you're going to shoot the gun suppressed I would do the load work up suppressed. Just have to take what ever time is nessecary for cooling in between groups or shots. About 4 with mine and heat waves get to interfering with vision

It may or may not make a difference, each gun can be different when you add or take away a suppressor . If you're going to shoot the gun suppressed I would do the load work up suppressed. Just have to take what ever time is nessecary for cooling in between groups or shots. About 4 with mine and heat waves get to interfering with vision

Same here, 4 shots and you gotta wait a while to shoot again, then it seems like every couple shots and you gotta wait a while again.

But your probably right, just be patent and do it right.

Omega 300
Got it. You will likely see some difference in chamber pressure, that is a pretty high back pressure suppressor. You can either take your time and find your charge with the can on, or find your charger without faster and just verify no pressure signs / maintained accuracy node with the can on. Thin barrel profile I assume?

Got it. You will likely see some difference in chamber pressure, that is a pretty high back pressure suppressor. You can either take your time and find your charge with the can on, or find your charger without faster and just verify no pressure signs / maintained accuracy node with the can on. Thin barrel profile I assume?

No, sendero contour carbon barrel, but I don't like cooking it.