Ladder Test for Load Development

BountyHunter

Lot of guys are looking for someone to recommend "an accurate load" for their gun.

Guys that is not going to happen. Each gun is different and an accurate load comes from "tuning" your load to the barrel harmonics of your particular gun.

We can do it by shooting 3-5 shot groups for weeks or you can load 25 rds with one powder and bullet combo and determine the "sweet spots" of your barrel with that load. Time about 1 hr range time. Must have chrono!!

I shoot the ladder at 300-400 yds in a no wind condition.

Read the link below for the most detailed
discussion of the ladder/audette method of load development. the article is very long with pictures etc but well worth copying to word file and saving. Got more details than I knew. For example they discuss shooting a ladder (20 rds) to find seating optimum seating depth. Never thought of that. http://home.snafu.de/l.moeller/Laddertest.htm#Laddertest

BH

not too good at dutch,am i missing something here?thanks,larry
confused.gif

grin.gif
thanks dave;i found when i scrolled to page 11 of the pdf file the english popped up.definately going to give this a try.larry

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.