Labradar performance improvement tip

Dr. Vette

Recently I had to send my Labradar in to the company to have the wire for the screen reattached. Still worked with the phone app, but no display was showing.

I received it back right away, and they enclosed a nice note. One of the comments was that with the SD card I was using the unit took a long time to start and a long time to write to memory. Their technician suggested I upgrade and get a larger card for better performance.

I bought a new SanDisk Ultra 16GB card:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00M55BMKK/?tag=lrhmag19-20

Today was the first day to use it and I have to say WOW it works so much better. I used to have to wait 3-5 seconds for it to display a speed, and it used to be really picky about where the muzzle was in relation to the unit. I had instant readings today, and no missed readings, which is a first.

So, if your unit is not working as well as you'd like, consider a faster/larger SD card as an option.

I don't even have an SD card in mine. Works fine and quick. As long as the batteries are good. Mine seems to EAT AA batteries. Like one range trip (about 4-5 hours).

Lancetkenyon if you already haven't I would suggest you buy a rechargeable USB battery pack. Len at LRH has a 10000 mAh unit for $25 which will let you use your LabRadar all day plus will charge your phone at the same time. You don't get many AA batteries for $25 these days.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.