Labradar performance improvement tip

Discussion in 'Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics' started by Dr. Vette, Sep 5, 2018.

1. Dr. Vette

Dr. Vette Well-Known Member

Recently I had to send my Labradar in to the company to have the wire for the screen reattached. Still worked with the phone app, but no display was showing.

I received it back right away, and they enclosed a nice note. One of the comments was that with the SD card I was using the unit took a long time to start and a long time to write to memory. Their technician suggested I upgrade and get a larger card for better performance.

I bought a new SanDisk Ultra 16GB card:
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00M55BMKK/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Today was the first day to use it and I have to say WOW it works so much better. I used to have to wait 3-5 seconds for it to display a speed, and it used to be really picky about where the muzzle was in relation to the unit. I had instant readings today, and no missed readings, which is a first.

So, if your unit is not working as well as you'd like, consider a faster/larger SD card as an option.

kiwikid likes this.
  2. Trm82

Trm82 Well-Known Member

Mine works great but could not get phone app to work.

3. Dr. Vette

Dr. Vette Well-Known Member

My phone app also works better, likely because the unit itself is working better.

4. sedancowboy

sedancowboy Well-Known Member

I had the same problem and it turns out that you have to have the "location on"
    On your phone for it to work. This is for android only I have no idea about a I-Phone.

5. lancetkenyon

lancetkenyon Well-Known Member

I don't even have an SD card in mine. Works fine and quick. As long as the batteries are good. Mine seems to EAT AA batteries. Like one range trip (about 4-5 hours).

6. kiwikid

kiwikid Well-Known Member

Lancetkenyon if you already haven't I would suggest you buy a rechargeable USB battery pack. Len at LRH has a 10000 mAh unit for $25 which will let you use your LabRadar all day plus will charge your phone at the same time. You don't get many AA batteries for $25 these days.

jb1023 and lancetkenyon like this.