King On The Swing

AKGuide

Decided to try my luck swinging flies at 10PM this summer and hooked up with this guy. Forty-five minutes later and a halfmile downstream I landed him on the beach at the next camp. Luckily a nice camp hand took these photos, in his pj's I must add.

Reuben

Attachments

• IMG_0221.jpg
    IMG_0221.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 143
  • IMG_0229.jpg
    IMG_0229.jpg
    273.4 KB · Views: 133
NICE KING! 8 wt rod? You had your hands full! What river were you on? Have personally fished quite a bit over by Ugashik Lake in SW AK.

No this was a 14' 10 weight spey rod. I caught this fish on my home river the Nushagak at king camp guiding for Alaska Sportsman's Bear Trail Lodge. I haven't made it to the narrows yet, but some of our guides have had some big char come out of Ugashik.

Reuben

I see you are wearing the best rubber boots ever made. The xtra tuffs. I so much miss the bay area, grew up there doing commercial fishing with my father and uncle. But haven't been there since '98. That king brings back good memories. Thanks for the photo.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.