• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Kimber 8400 Montana stock (for 300wsm)

Sealesniper

I have a young man looking to reduce recoil on his 300wsm. We installed a radial brake on it a couple years back which helped a lot, but he is still recoil sensitive. I have told him we can load down and use lighter bullets, but he likes the rounds he is shooting and still has several boxes of factory ammo.

I went to add weight to his stock, but the recoil pad is glued on. No huge deal, but he has a hog hunt coming up in 3 weeks and I don't want to risk anything before that hunt. He says he will want to go west at some point to hunt so at that point he would want the original light stock back on the gun. So I am looking for a take off that I can play with to add weight. That way he has the original light stock for carry, and for eastern stand hunting will have a heavy stock.

If you have a stock just sitting please send me some info and a price.

And I have contacted Kimber but they do not sell stocks or recoil pads.

Roger

Re stocking a kimber is a difficult proposition, they don't sell stocks and even if the did they currently don't even have stocks for new builds so it would be moot. Not many folks have montana take off stocks and when they do they sell for a premium for guys upgrading hunter line rifles. That leaves mpi...but that's not a quick venture or cheap.

Boyd's has traditionally inletted for the 84 and 8400 stocks. While not exactly a montana stocks, it would be heavier and easy to make heavier and likely to be a fairly quick turn around. While laminate wouldn't be my first choice for a western mountain rifle, it would be fast cheap and easy to make a rifle heavier.