• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Kimber 280 AI & Ammo

Here is the ultimate backcountry rifle guys. Put your own optics on it and be ready for speed goat season.

how does it shoot and what does it like. Thank you very much

It really likes the Nosler factory 140gr accubonds. Am not reloading any more. I have some 162gr Hornady precision hunter ammo, it shot that ok. I have part of a box of Nosler 150gr long range accubonds, it shot those good too. The 155gr federal terminal ascent I didn't shoot enough to really know if it likes those or not.
With as well as its shooting factory loads I wonder how well it would shoot reloads? I have a press, I just don't have dies, powder, primers or bullets.
Overall if a person were to put a nice light leupold scope on it you would have one heck of a back country rifle or sheep rifle. I have really bad eye sight so I need a little stronger scope. I think Kimber says the gun is 5.5 pounds, I have a burris on it and brings total weight of rifle and scope to right around 7.5 lbs. Thats still pretty light. I have my eye on a different rifle, so the 280AI has to go.

I have that same rifle and I love mine. Very light weight. I use 162 eld-x for my reloads and it shoots them really well.

Who threaded the barrel and what thread/pitch?
How long does the mag box allow for reloading
Any target pics
Shipping included?

Norbert Costa with Sure Shot Precision here in Boise did the work.
Not sure about the mag box and reloading, just been shooting factory loads.
No target pictures and not really interested in shipping.