Kestrel 4500 Atrag?

Hey thanks thats awsome. This true drop feature. Sounds great my guess is you shoot at your long range target and if your low or hight you out that it and it changes its flight curve to match the actual bullet path.?

I'm getting up to speed using the Kestrel 4500NV with Atrag but am having an issue updating the Gun Library using the HKVloader and Kestrel Communicator software. It connects and says that it has downloaded the new Gun Library to the Kestrel, but I can't find it on the Kestrel. Just the library that I manually created on the Kestrel and of course the defaults. Anyone with experience with creating your on and downloading it?

Wow i been wanting one real bad .. but if i won' t be able to put my 338 and 6mm cm data into it then it wont work for me .. anyone else having problims putting there guns and data for the loads into this kestrel.

I havn't seen an mention of this, so I am assumeing you still need an ADI, or cosine and have the ability to in put angle to shot and the unit will give the shoot to range? That being said would a person be better off going with Gunworks G7 range finder. The reason I am asking I am about to purchase a leica 1600B at $800. and then another $600 for the Kestrel, for a total of $1400. you can spend another $200 and get a unit that will pretty much do it all and have even less to carry around every time you go shot or hunt. Any thoughts?

Wow i been wanting one real bad .. but if i won' t be able to put my 338 and 6mm cm data into it then it wont work for me .. anyone else having problims putting there guns and data for the loads into this kestrel.

You can manually add a new gun and its data directly in the Kestrel, and that works just fine. I'm just having issues downloading new data from a separate file on my PC.

I havn't seen an mention of this, so I am assumeing you still need an ADI, or cosine and have the ability to in put angle to shot and the unit will give the shoot to range? That being said would a person be better off going with Gunworks G7 range finder. The reason I am asking I am about to purchase a leica 1600B at $800. and then another $600 for the Kestrel, for a total of $1400. you can spend another $200 and get a unit that will pretty much do it all and have even less to carry around every time you go shot or hunt. Any thoughts?

hmmm well, if you want that many gizmos...just put Google Earth into your iPhone...GPS your location...and the target location....with a decent Ballistics app in the iPhone..you should be GTG...and with a cheapo Leupold range finder...you can get your angle of declination/inclination...

but that would need unlimited cell service....

still, too many gizmo's for me...

gonna try the Oregon Scientific weather doohickey paired with a simple excel spreadsheet in my "work" crackberry...total inventment is about $40...gun)still has "2" gizmos...but at least I am only into the setup 40 bucks...

My next idea is to work on a "rule of thumb" regarding air temp and elevation (need to find a bourdon altimiter) ...that way I can just run the calc in my head referenced to a printed standard...using my "on-board" gizmo would suit me best...

If i can put my own guns into it. Iam gona order it. I allready have the lica 1600 it was a b day gift. Yea its a lot of stuff to carry around but if iam shooting my own targets at long range no problim. and if i walk into a good spot and set up i might spend the better part of the day there and never move.

If i can put my own guns into it. Iam gona order it. I allready have the lica 1600 it was a b day gift. Yea its a lot of stuff to carry around but if iam shooting my own targets at long range no problim. and if i walk into a good spot and set up i might spend the better part of the day there and never move.

You will be pleased I think. It's kinda funny but I primarily shoot a 6.5 CM and a .338 LM as well as use the Leica 1600. Great minds think alike I guess.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.