Just moved from Florida to Idaho... hunting question

chad19946

I moved from Florida to Chubbuck, ID and I'm dying to go big game hunting somewhere close to Pocatello. I recently purchased a Remington 700 SPS Varmint .308 and added a Nikon 4-12X40 with BDC reticle which I believe will do the job. I just need to find a place to start. I grew up white tail deer hunting in Kentucky, but it has been many years. Any ideas where I could start? Thank you for your comments.

Take a look at unit 56 the sublett area this can be great early season mule deer hunting if your willing to get out and beat the timber a little it gets alot of pressure but we have always done well above the sublett resivoir seems like most that hit the area are road hunters we killed a couple decent bucks up there last year not to far of a drive for you all that area is pretty good find a high spot spend some time behind the glass hope this helps

I moved from Florida to Chubbuck, ID and I'm dying to go big game hunting somewhere close to Pocatello. I recently purchased a Remington 700 SPS Varmint .308 and added a Nikon 4-12X40 with BDC reticle which I believe will do the job. I just need to find a place to start. I grew up white tail deer hunting in Kentucky, but it has been many years. Any ideas where I could start? Thank you for your comments.

Welcome to Ideehoo!!!

I left PA and its white tails 51 yrs ago and still haven't caught on to elk and stuff. I keep trying though.

Send me a PM with contact information and we'll get together to tune you up for some muley fun.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.