Joined LRH Today

RETATCDUDE

I shoot everything (well, not too much shot shells. My buddy in Kansas and I try and get away to Wyoming once a year to thin out the prairie dog population. We both use .22-250 rifles, although I carry my .223 TC Contender Carbine and Dennis carries his 17HMR Cooper for the close dogs. There is always a .22lr pistol close by for the brave (spell that s-t-u-p-i-d) puppies. When not shooting powder burners I am involved with adult air rifles shooting 25 yard bench rest and Hunter Class Field Target. Both of these activities keeps these aging eyes and elevated blood pressure in check for the prairie rats. I don't know what I can offer here but I have been reloading for 40 years for myself and keep my oldest son supplied with his requirement of 5000 rounds of .38 Super and .223 Remington for his IPSC matches. All of my loading is done on a Rockchucker and the kid bought at Dillon progressive loader for his needs. Except for the prairie rats, Dennis and I eat what we kill. We don't harvest anything cause we don't raise anything (Dennis has chickens). If that is politically incorrect, that let me know and I am out of here. As far as long range shooting I know you might correct for the wind (Does the wind ever stop blowing in Nevada and Wyoming) but gravity is a constant. The further your target the higher you aim and Lady Luck takes over.

I tried harvesting a couple of times, the critters didn't see a difference, the anti's weren't any happier, my friends didn't know what I was talking about, and it tasted the same.

Welcome.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.