It's a coffee sippin kinda morning!

Today in the office with a big coffee to start the day/week. I'm a caffeine junkie.

20220110_103439.jpg

I start every day with two cups of coffee while reading the Wall Street Journal before dawn. Then I take a poke at a gong. This morning it was my .338 Edge at 905 yards. No wind, wasn't much of a challenge. When it picks I will shoot again. Last week we had 25 mph with gusts of 50 for two days. It only reminded me that when the wind is changing several MPH within your time of flight, you are kidding yourself. I commented to a friend in Canada that I never miss my 609 yard gong no matter what the wind is doing, but guess what? Missed that one too - I told him I jinxed myself.

I start every day with two cups of coffee while reading the Wall Street Journal before dawn. Then I take a poke at a gong. This morning it was my .338 Edge at 905 yards. No wind, wasn't much of a challenge. When it picks I will shoot again. Last week we had 25 mph with gusts of 50 for two days. It only reminded me that when the wind is changing several MPH within your time of flight, you are kidding yourself. I commented to a friend in Canada that I never miss my 609 yard gong no matter what the wind is doing, but guess what? Missed that one too - I told him I jinxed myself.
Nature has a way of making us humble....doesn't it.
Its my dream to retire and have a range on my back porch...it won't be more than 600 yards though,

Love it....just grabbed a cookie the wife made....yes maybe I got yelled at....well worth it. I ran back in to get a pic to help.....and she flippen hid them in the oven only leaving me some crumbs. How can I get full eating four cookies? @codyadams Dude....your front yard photo makes me so happy and missing the front horse pens so much. I guessed eastern MT....then went up and saw....Wyoming. My kid married a gal from Cody and we hunt antelope near Buffalo. There are hills for me to look at least, and only deer in the winter to glass....just fogged in this morning.

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_5289.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_5289.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 50
  • thumbnail_IMG_5290.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_5290.jpg
    179.1 KB · Views: 50
I don't sip coffee, I gulp it. My wife calls my "cup" "your coffee bucket". NOTE WELL: Caffeine is not conducive to good marksmanship, so I never drink coffee on a day when I'm going to shoot. But it is not only cold here, the wind was 13 mph today so I didn't go to the range.

It is driving me crazy because I just put an old Bushnell Elite 6500 4.5-30X on my Sauer Creedmoor. Got it boresited and ready to go, but I am not wasting ammo to zero on a windy day because I want an exact zero at 200 and beyond.

So when the wind won't stop, I like several different coffees. Like the German coffee I get at Aldi's. But when I want a caffeine buzz, I really like Jamaican Me Crazy that I get from our local Hays Grocery store.

I still have some Claxton's fruitcake and gingersnap cookies too.