it could have been worse

jmason

Last night I was leaving grandma and Grandad's house. My 4 yr old and I went out the garage man door and she was to my right. I held her hand as she stepped down and outside. I than stepped out beside her. I then closed the door. Ouch! Ouch! Oh sh!t, I just closed the door on my baby's finger!! To top it off I locked the damned door! She was pulling on her little hand so I looked to see how bad it was. It was just the tip of her finger in the weather strip so I hammered the door and she was free. I have NEVER felt so horrible in my life. She is fine. I even looked to see the openeing was clear, but not on the side with the hinge! I held her and hugged her for an hour. Blew on her finger, held ice on her finger and told her how sorry daddy was about a thousand times. By the end of the evening life was normal again. Thank heavens it wasn't worse.....

Little kids can "take a lickin and keep on tickin". They're tough and bounce back but the best part was dad making it all better.

If she's only 4 there will probably be more such occurrences and you'd do anything if you could take the hit instead of the child but you just take care of them the best you can and be there to make the "owies" go away.

Good luck in the future. You've only got about 15-20 more years to go.;);)

That brings back painful memories. I still remember slammin' my fingers in the car door when I was little. The door latched and I was stuck there until Dad came around and opened the door. Luckily nothing was broke, but boy did they hurt!!!

Glad to hear that it wasn't anything serious, but I'll bet it was to her!;)

I got a phone call at work this summer from the wife. My 5 year old daughter slammed my 2 year old sons fingers in the door. It degloved his pinky finger from just behind the finger nail forward. The bone was showing and the finger was just barely hanging by a little skin. He had to have the finger sewn back on as well as the nail. It is just so heartbreaking to see your little ones injured and there is nothing you can do about it!

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.