ISO Family Hog Hunt

Country Bumpkin

Hello everyone, and Merry Christmas!

My Wife, Father in Law and I have been kicking around the idea of a family hog hunt for several years. We live in Idaho and (thankfully) don't have access to wild hogs of our own.

We are looking for a budget hog hunt (free or trespass fee would be great). We are planning on driving to wherever we need to be with a chest freezer and generator in the back of a truck and pull a jumpin jack. We don't have a lot of money to dump into this, really we are just looking to see if it's feasible or not.

I have read other threads discussing the argument of "if they are such a nuisance, why charge people to hunt them". I get it, the thought of trusting someone on your property, to not make ruts, to close gates, not littering, etc. I get it, I'd be cautious as well.

I spent my early years on a small dairy farm, later I worked on that same farm, I understand the importance of stewardship. I'm attuned to landowners expectations and unspoken rules. My family is equally as respectful.

If anyone is aware of any opportunities please let me know.

Thanks in advance, again, Merry Christmas to all on this site. Thank you for your generous nature, I have learned so much from all of you strangers. :)

I'm not sure of the closest state to you that would be worth it. Texas will be pretty much all pay to play. You'd have much better luck on the eastern side of the US...South Carolina, and south to Florida.

Yep kinda unfortunate that good folks can't find spots to hunt hogs for a reasonable price. I understand the issues. But I've also seen the greed.
I've gone back and forth a few times. I even offered to buy insurance to cover any and all loses a rancher could think of taking away all risk on rancher part. FYI insurance like that was cheap. That rancher quickly abandoned the thread.
Over the whole feel sorry for our loses but they want to profit as much as possible. Fair enough to them just sucks for use.
Good luck with your search Louisiana is prob your best bet for a hunt like you are asking.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts