Is it the truth, B.S., B.R., or Ego?? Questions..

My only suggestion would be to clarify Tactical and Sniper Rifle.. to me they are 2 different beasts.. to ME you described a rifle that is build for a military slotted sniper NOT a tactical rifle which is more in line with what our secret service, FBI, ATF, DEA and Police Depts. use.

just my interpretation.

I'm not sure Darryl and I disagree on much other than reasonable standards of excellence could be defined. The point is that a rifle of the same type will shoot "differently", and that's the reason to establish a **** guidline FOR CRYIN OUT LOUD!!

If everyone, most everyone, is getting .5 MOA from good loads in their fast factory 30 cal, and I'm seeing 1.2 MOA from what ever make or model I shoot, do I off the rifle and start over, get a new barrel, or think that's great accuracy for a factory stick and feel lucky I latched on to it before someone else got it? That's the whole **** purpose of some sort of standard and I thought that was obvious???

1) You misunderstand what's really being saught??

2) You want a stick put in this wheels spokes just like some people want scores being kept out of games now days??

3) You know the truth will offend "somebody", "sometime", so you don't want this or anything like it established, built upon and repeated??

4) This is flat out censorship by way of badgering/bitching/moaning??

If you don't like the idea, DON'T POST THEN!!
wink.gif
I'm interested in learning something more here now, NOT being hastled by a bunch of broken records!

This thread is being derailed, and it's really frustrating!

We're comparing rifles here, groups shot under favorable conditions, not aggs from groups shot in every kind of condidtion over a season at matches.

Most shooters evaluating their system will eliminate every variable they can to determine what a rifle is capable of, and it's done all the time. If this is what I'm doing too, I'd like to know what you've found you're results to be with your rifles for a comparison, savy??

I'd guess and say with 3 shots I'm averaging about .35 MOA at 100 yards with my semi-custom 30-338 Lapua Imp, about .45 MOA at 300 yards. Not enough data out farther yet to really say.

My 300 Ultra, factory sporter is averaging about .6 MOA at 100 - 300 yards I'd say, averages under 1 MOA out as far as I've used it. It has actually shot better and better the more rounds through it. Some of the groups I shot last fall were so small I wouldn't even post pix of them, and they were all off a bipod too.

My sons 308 sporter shoots about 1 MOA on average, about 1.2 MOA out to 700.

You know guys, we're getting way too much personality and attitude stuff on the LRH.com site lately and I and many members are getting tired of it. All of you active on this topic are valued, productive members but some of you seem to antagonize each other. The rest of us are not enjoying it. Knock it off, please or use private email to vent.

It's a little like the uncomfortable feeling you get being around a husband and wife who are both good friends of yours.

Individually they are both great people. They sometimes get along with each other but when you and your wife decide to spend the weekend with them on a trip you find yourselves trapped with them. Things between them get snotty and you and your wife can't wait for the otherwise wonderful weekend to be over.

Afterwards you wonder if you should bother to spend much time with them in the future.

Let's stop this topic now. It doesn't have much to do with long range hunting anyway.

Topic closed.

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts