Iraq tour completed

Dave King

Real good news today from Germany.... My son called and he's back home in Germany after completing his one-year tour in Iraq. He was stationed at the Baghdad International Airport (BIAP) with the 1/4 ADA folks doing various Army stuff (I'm retired Navy so I have no idea what Army guys do other than sleep on the ground and eat MRE's, oh... and get shot at!).

My wife, Cheryl, and I were pretty concerned for a while there thinking that he would be extended again and end up doing 15 months total. I really feel badly for the folks that did get extended again but that's the luck of the draw. While I was in the Navy I was extended TNTC (Too Numerous To Count) over the 21 years and it's no fun, particularly for the young folks.

Anyway, he's home with his wife and me and Cheryl are sleeping a little more soundly at night.

Dave, let me be the first to congratulate you! And please extend my personal thanks to your son.

We'll definitely have a toast to him and all the others while you and I are enjoying our freedom at spike camp hunting something not quite as dangerous as a ****ed off Iraqui with a rifle.

Right on, Dave!
smile.gif
I'll bet he's sleeping a little deeper about now too! My thanks to him as well.

Glad to hear he is safely home. Please pass on my sincere congratulations and thanks for a job well done. We sit here in safety because of the sacrifices people like him (and yourself) have made.

Dave, tell your boy hi and if he is in the Darmstadt area anytime soon the beer n steak is on me ok. hope you are all ok.. catch you on a hunting trip maybe next year eh??
all the best, and well done to that fine young man..
Pete

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.