iPhone 4s Ballistic Software

seankndy,

Great to see you chimin' in here!

Hopfully you'll glean a bit of what's important to dedicated long range shooters.

We're a diversified bunch but hit what we're shootin' @. Well, for the most part.

Last edited:
Not a problem. The update is now posted to the App Store and the next is already waiting review from Apple and should be available late next week.

Upcoming version 1.1.1 changes are:

- Added ability to update atmosphere inputs using weather station from within Solution screen
- Added half values to Wind Speed picker in Solution screen when using Metric units
- Misc fixes to graphing
- Fixed number formatting issue for some non-US users
- Bullet library update
- Support for older iDevices
- Added Trajectory Validation tool accessible from the Trajectory Table action menu
- Allow BCs from 0.01 to 2.0

Upcoming version 1.1.1 changes are:

- Added ability to update atmosphere inputs using weather station from within Solution screen
- Added half values to Wind Speed picker in Solution screen when using Metric units
- Misc fixes to graphing
- Fixed number formatting issue for some non-US users
- Bullet library update
- Support for older iDevices
- Added Trajectory Validation tool accessible from the Trajectory Table action menu
- Allow BCs from 0.01 to 2.0

Sean,

Ur a good man. Thanks a ton.

U'll do!

Looking forward to making some good shots.

What's the odds of including a down-wind measurement capability?:D:D:D (a little subtle humor there. :)rolleyes: @me)

Roy, It won't run on my gen one, only the gen 3. I am not running the 5. io, I think
it will dog the gen 3 down a lot so I stayed with the 4. ios. I believe it needs the multitasking for some reason. FTE runs on both so Sean may be upgrading Shooter for
the older devices. He said he was so maybe it just didn't work, I don't know how far back
"older" meant.

Loner,

I think Sean did what was quickest, which was the correct thing do do.

I had FTE and didn't like it.

Sean indicated that the older generation units would be included in the next up grade. I would expect that he discovered something along the way that changed that thinking.

Its in his best interest to do what he did. It's his responsiveness that is pleasing.

I have a couple of months before I do any shooting so time and patience will persist. If need be, I'll upgrade to whatever works by then.

Thanks for the input.

I played with the upgraded version for a couple hours last night. My graphing feature now works. The trajectory validation tool is pretty cool. It gives 5 inputs for yardage and corrected adjustment and then calculates corrected MV. I only ran a couple loads through it but it is very close. Having the option to adjust BC and/or velocity would be a nice add in the future but like I said it may be unnecessary as the velocity adjustment seems right on at least out to 1000-1200 yards.

The more I use Shooter the more I like it. The layout is so easy and intuitive for me at least. Once your firearm is saved and the load data for it, it literally takes less than 5 seconds to have a chart pulled up. It also has an option to show all of your input data at the top of your drop chart so you can visually make sure that everything is exactly right before you use the chart. This in comparison to other apps where you have to go back through a number of input screens to double check things. Really nice. Even nicer is the fact that from the drop chart screen you can hit the solution tab and adjust yardage, wind speed and wind angle and it immediately shows the corrected drops. Plus when you go back to the drop chart it has updated the entire chart to the new data.

The click value adjustment feature is really easy and works perfectly. It also shows the click value adjustment on the top of the chart so you know exactly what the app is using to calculate. Very nice!

Not sure I could ask for a better app. Anxious to get it in the field and get more accustomed to it.

One question I do have. I noticed that Shooter and a few other ballistic apps show "litz" when using Brian's BC numbers instead of showing the actual BC. Is there a reason for this? Not a big deal but I guess I have more of a comfort level being able to see the actual BC number there so I know it is calculating correctly.

Scot E.

Scot I agree on the FTE. This program is much easier to use. Litz has done a lot of testing
on bullets and his bc's are about as real as it can get before you add any weather changes
in for your particular day and altitude. You always have the option of entering your own
bullet data with either the g1 or g7 bc function.
The online snyc function is great too. Sean will store your entered data so if you loose your
devise or destroy the data you can re-sync it to a new device. It is very clear in warning you
as to which way the data will sync as well. So no worries on wiping out your info in that
regard.

I noticed that Shooter and a few other ballistic apps show "litz" when using Brian's BC numbers instead of showing the actual BC. Is there a reason for this? Not a big deal but I guess I have more of a comfort level being able to see the actual BC number there so I know it is calculating correctly.

It is my understanding that "litz" IS the actual bc as field developed by Brian.

I would feel less comfortable using the factory values. In fact, I always determine bullet bc from shooting at my home range. This empirical value has never been identical to manufacturer published values. Close at times but never identical.

Whether MV or bc is adjusted makes no difference when it comes time to break the trigger. I am more comfortable adjusting bc as I am a bit hung up, possibly incorrectly, on chrono values. Either method of adjusting is ok, but chrono values are an observable number, even if it is not exact.

I'm fairly ceratin that MV is not off by values indicated by trajectory adjustment methods in software I've used. Much greater than 100 FPS at times.

Nevertheless I still hit the POA at 1200 and all shorter ranges.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts