Iosso

The best bronze bristle brushes do their hardest work in 60 strokes, and by 100 strokes, they are used up. As the bristle pushes up against the bore, the bristle bends applying pressure to the bore. As the bristle wears to the point where the bristle just sticks straight out to touch the bore, the scrubbing power is GONE!

If you measure the new brush, then measure again every 20 strokes, you will be amazed at how they wear. Variations in new brush dia can vary greatly also.

I save worn brushes to wrap patches around, brush with JB, etc on badly fouled barrels, or wrap FINE bronze wool in the worn brush to scrub with.

I found the biggest flaw in my cleaning system was using bronze bristle brushes too long. Brushes do the work, fluids seem to be the carrier solution.

I have a 308 custom that I shoot 175g TMK in with 42g of IMR 8208, lapua brass, cci 200s that shoots 3/4" at 300 yards, BUT cleaning that powder out of the barrel would test the patience of JOB! That 8208 burns real HOT!

Tipton has a new brush with 30% more bristles, and they work very well.

Yes sir,when the patches come clean and out not black you are done!
If you ever want to check if carbon is present,just soak a patch with Free All Penetrating Oil (buy at auto stores like napa)and run it through.
If present it will be black,to help getting it out just let it soak for a while and then brush it out and repeat.
Free All cuts down carbon cleaning in half easily.
Any concerns with bluing or other gun finishes?

How much or how many passes with an IOSSO patch is too much?
I've got a tight bore barrel that is either going to get faster, or become a jack handle.
Tomorrow I'm going to give it a run of Tubb bullets to see if it responds, and I want it spotless ahead of time.
I've never used this paste before, but I'm not ruling it out for other barrels.
What hot tips are out there?
I've got a tight bore barrel that is either going to get faster, or become a jack handle.
Tomorrow I'm going to give it a run of Tubb bullets to see if it responds, and I want it spotless ahead of time.
There's a million ways to clean a barrel. I clean the easy carbon with any of the popular solvents with nylon brush. Then a small amount of the Iosso product in the Theroclean Bore Cleaning System on nylon brush and stroke 20 times. Follow with Theroflush on clean patches until no fouling is there. 3 dry patches and Bore Scope it. If it still has carbon repeat from the solvent stage.
Usually a couple of sessions with the Theroclean system will clean most barrels. It works.

No worries on the blueing so far. My brother and I have been using it for 5 or more years. Free All creeps under the carbon and helps it break free. On extremely fouled barrels that were abused by the previous owner, I have put a small cork in the muzzle, filled the barrel full and let soak. At some point, I will remove the cork and brush with the remaining oil in the barrel, check with bore scope, re fill and soak again. This is a minimal invassive method vs using Al Oxide filled pastes and oils to cut through the super cooked on carbon. Some 308 shooters will never clean their barrel, and when the barrel quits shooting, they put on another barrel. The super fouled barrels are a challenge to clean with a lot of time and solvents involved, but when you are done, the barrel can be cut off and will shoot like a house a fire, depending on a couple of issues that pass inspection.

Any concerns with bluing or other gun finishes?
Free All will not affect bluing!I have left it in all night as I forgot and next morning everything was fine.Bore cleaned out just fine and no problems.
I don't see a down side to to be honest.To make it work well you need to let it is soak,then patch it out.If real dense use a brush but if not dense just use a patch.
Edit to add:A neighbor borrowed my first can and sprayed his muzzleloader breech plug as it was stuck and let it sit overnight and no problems with bluing.Breech plug broke free.

Might try Erik Cortina's website of youtube channel. I know he is fond of IOSSO.

Put some between your fingers,it's not much of an abrasive.I doubt you could wear out a barrel with it.
I have been using it since the 70's and never heard of anyone ruining anything from it.It may be possible but I doubt it.
I agree. You will probably do more damage with improper use of the cleaning rod or careless shoving it into the barrel than using the Iosso itself.

Another trick I learned from a gunsmith is to wrap FINE grade bronze wool in the bronze bristle or plastic brush, I could not believe how effective this technique is without harming or scratching very smooth bores:

Here is where I get mine, one pack will last a very long time

This "trick" sure helped me get hard carbon out of my barrels. With the very worst, I had to use either JB, Flitz bore cleaner, in the bronze wool.
That bronze wool product is available through Home Depot with free shipping. I'm going to give it a try on a stubborn barrel that I bought when I bought a "Bargain" rifle that is slowly putting me in the poor house.