Investigation: talley screws too soft or receiver 's problem?

I would definitely call the guys at Talley. Whenever I've had an issue or wanted something specific done I've called them and had it taken care of they're a bunch of great guys down there I have never had an issue with the screws but I thought their torque on those were 20 inch pounds not 25 but I could be mistaken. I also use that purple loctite which is pretty easy to get it to come apart
I too had a base screw problem with Talley mounts. I had two screws sheer off on two different M700s, a 7-08 and a .308 so no great recoil issue. Called Talley and they immediately offered to send me new screws (which they did). But I asked if the new screws would be from a different supplier or at least a different batch. Since I'd properly installed and torqued the original screws, I was not looking to repeat the shear-off and broken screw removal process. Unfortunately, I was told that their screws were all from a batch acquired long ago. I told the very helpful gentleman that I appreciated the screws he was going to send, but would hold them in reserve and purchase new screws from Brownells.

After chasing the threads with the tap, make sure to try to run the new screw in sans the base, and torque to the selected value before attempting to re-install the base.

If the holes in the scope base are misaligned in any way- this would prevent the screw from threading in freely and possibly result in what you're seeing, there's very small clearances here.

Same thing could happen if the hole in the receiver were misaligned, but that's less likely. Only takes a few thousandths to be a problem.

In any case, if the screw threads in properly after re-tapping- and you run into any resistance threading in when installing the base, STOP and take it to a smith. Either the hole in the base, or the receiver is misaligned.

After chasing the threads with the tap, make sure to try to run the new screw in sans the base, and torque to the selected value before attempting to re-install the base.

If the holes in the scope base are misaligned in any way- this would prevent the screw from threading in freely and possibly result in what you're seeing, there's very small clearances here.

Same thing could happen if the hole in the receiver were misaligned, but that's less likely. Only takes a few thousandths to be a problem.

In any case, if the screw threads in properly after re-tapping- and you run into any resistance threading in when installing the base, STOP and take it to a smith. Either the hole in the base, or the receiver is misaligned.
Thanks, very informative addition