introduction !

Aussie Farmer

Hi guys ( and Gals ?)
just a short introduction ..
I am from Queensland Australia and own a 8000 ac grain farm .
Im in my 50,s now and have been shooting since 12 ..
always been into long range hunting ...eguipment been limiting facter over 600 yards .
at present i use a 25-06 ( aussie favorite ) rem action , H-S tactical stock , Madco 30 in straight taper 1:8 ,Leupold Mark 4 ER/T 8.5-25x50mm , 40 moa night force rail ... it shoots 1/2 inch all day but their is too few good BC bullets to get better accuracy
will probably change to 6.5 x 284 on next barrel as its better known .

most of my game is wild boar and skippys my 300 yard skippy rifle is a 204 shooting 40 gr Bergers ..
For heli shooting boars i use a semi auto valmet in 308

I guess the main difference is i shoot game to protect my crops

I found this site while researching and found it very interesting .. thanks

Welcome. you have come into great friends that are very knowledgeable and helpful. its always good to get opinions from AU and other areas of the world and things you guys use. I live in Kansas and we Americans get pretty used to our own stuff so new is exciting. Again, Welcome!

Well in my 50's , just joined this forum as well , shoot Targets in brisbane , Australian F-Class rep and World Champ as of Aug 2013 , have done Heli shooting once in Dalby Area , have set up an areial pest control company to get into heli pig shooting , build all my own Long Range Rifles
Good to meet you on a US website

Cheers

Welcome. you have come into great friends that are very knowledgeable and helpful. its always good to get opinions from AU and other areas of the world and things you guys use. I live in Kansas and we Americans get pretty used to our own stuff so new is exciting. Again, Welcome!

+1
We also look forward to hearing how you guys do things.

I also look forward to seeing hunts from Down Under if you guys will share them.

My dream hunt is a trip to New Zealand for Red Stag.

J E CUSTOM

Thanks guys ...

Americans are pretty lucky as you got a lot of great gear at cheap prices ... not just in firearms ..i used to race bikes and got 90% of my aftermarket gear out of the states .

mind you i would never leave australia :D

wilddog,
Hi im only 2 hours west of Dalby ,(Dalby is my main shoping centre)
I spend around 5 k a year on heli hire ... most of the time i like to do the shooting .
Congrates on your Australian F-Class and world win ..... not that i know anything about shooting paper as i never done it ..
Only competive shooting i do is Trap ..

cheers

2 Hours west of Dalby, bloody good shooting out there! I'm up in Emerald area, it's not bad shooting up here, the pigs are big but getting access to hunt is crazy hard.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.