In the Ear? Really???

The standards for this thread must be pretty low if I've been asked to take over!

Has anyone shot a hog with a .50 BMG? I've always wanted one just because they are big and loud and I've got a chance at picking up a Barrett for cheap. If nothing else, I'll keep it as an investment in case I ever need a new kidney or something.

The standards for this thread must be pretty low if I've been asked to take over!

Has anyone shot a hog with a .50 BMG? I've always wanted one just because they are big and loud and I've got a chance at picking up a Barrett for cheap. If nothing else, I'll keep it as an investment in case I ever need a new kidney or something.

First let me say I'm opposite of you. I plan on living at least 2 to 3 hundred years. Lol
Second yes I have also with a 338 lapua 300gr Berger 20yards. Funny thing is it ran much farther than others. About 30 yards absolutely nothing left inside and about volleyball size exit wound. Never a bad idea to own a large rifle. I may pick up another after my 338 AM is done.

scmbler, if they hadn't been low, I wouldn't have asked you!.......ROFL

Packrat

It's a good thing that I'm a cold heartless ba*%#@d, otherwise that might have hurt my feeling.

I got permission to bush hog a field so I can bait for hogs. Long story, but basically my friend has permanent hunting rights on a piece of property that runs along a swamp. The guy that owns the property got into money trouble a number of years back and had to sell it. My friend and the owner's family go way back, so they struck a deal. My friend bought the land and sold it back to the guy a few years later without interest. All my friend wanted was to be able to hunt on it forever, so that was his "interest" payment.

I'll use post hole diggers to dig holes for corn. Hopefully the hogs will find it in a few days. The hogs haven't been around much the last 18 months since the farmers across the swamp decided to start growing peanuts. Hopefully they'll decide to come back!

That's pretty much off limits. My friend's family and the peanut farmer do not get along. Something about a land deal gone bad a number of years ago. Good thing is that the prevailing winds will carry the scents of corn/bait across the swamp onto the neighbors property.

I'm not sure about the hog population where I hunt. I was talking to a game warden a few weeks ago. Seems that someone may have poisoned a bait pile. Warden said there were over 2 dozen dead hogs. Since there were only dead hogs, he didn't seem too concerned about it. Hopefully some of them are still around.

See guys, there is life after Packrat!...Out of it still after the surgery which went well, but glad to see ya'll are keeping going! May feel better a little later and check back in.

Thanks,

Packrat

Pakrat - hope you have a speedy recovery.

I've made it 42 years without any surgical procedure. I work in health care, and I'm glad to stay on the provider side, not the patient side. I traded a 74' in for an 81'. I've got a 19 y/o and a 16 y/o with the ex and. 3 mo old with wife # 2. As much as I don't want a shot and a scapel in my sack, I'm looking forward to shooting blanks. I love my 3 kids, but I think I've contributed enough to the gene pool.

Where they able to fix that disgusting thing that's attached to your neck?

Snox;
Just goes to show what happens if you don't check in regularly. You've got me confused with djones!.......That disgusting thing attached to HIS neck is his head and am afraid of what it's going to look like with both good eyes............With the weight he's gained lately, looks like a basketball with eyes, teeth and a Packrat Hat.........:D

Scmblr;
By time I was 42 I had been carved on more than a Thanksgiving turkey, to include 23 stitches around my Right eye from a thrown softball (Thankfully) in a barroom brawl in Tacoma, WA, 18 stitches on my left forearm from a thrown Knife, Bullet wounds on left side mid rib and right calf just below knee, both fortunately as the results of ricochets and only required minor surgery to repair. These don't include appendicitis scar, and other minor injuries from being a kid. Only thing I got to save from all my operations, besides scars, was the foreskin when I got circumcised, I had it tanned into a wallet, but if you rub it , it turns into an overnight bag!

Packrat

Packrat.gif

I've broken 11 bones so far but have managed to stay out of the OR so far.

Tacoma? My dad was born there and my grandparents are buried in the Tacoma Cemetery. Gramps used to have a beach house on Pudget Sound. It was a great place to visit as a kid. I may be out there later this summer to visit family.

Pac your in good company I've had 27 broken bones most major and more surgery's than I can remember. Shot I have more metal in me than most my guns. Lola lucky I had an amazing surgeon. Ive had no real problems after them, but need both my knees done in the near future along with my back. Just hate messing with things that still work even if not that good. Also I'm only 32. Thought it was the coolest being a professional atv and snow cross racer when I was doing it but not so much now. Started to take up MMA for a few years but got to busy with work to go pro so I may have dodge a bullet.

Sorry guys, I had to go to my Post op today and they put something in my eyes to check pupil pressure and I can't read, everything is blurred out. Am typing this with my nose about 3" from the keyboard. will check back tomorrow, and in the meantime, maybe djones will hae a hog piture or 2.

Later

Pacjrat

Back in town and checking in! I see everyone is in their usual good moods around here and packrat is still tending to his eyes. Hope everything works out there!
Was talking to a good friend week before last and he needed some help finishing a remodeling job "just up the road" from me. I hadn't been doing much so followed a friend up there. Turns out "just up the road" was almost up to Texarcana! I had asked him if there were any hogs up at his place, but he said even though there are hogs he was in the city limits (Atlanta,TX) and I couldn't shoot up there, co I left the M&P 10 at the house.
Showed up at the job and after some work we have to go put up one of the tractors in the barn next door. Right outside the barn I see busted up ground and what looks like the tracks of a pretty big sounder.
Asked if we can hunt there and he tells me the owners, which are two older ladies, would be more than happy if I got rid of those darn hogs....as well as the nutrea, beaver, and coyotes they have on the property!
Heck, if I would have known we were going to be working on their place, which is 5000 acres that has never been hunted with a 15 acre fishing lake I'd have taken half the arsenal with me! Least I can now get away from the flatlands here on the coast and hopefully pop some big hogs like Djones always has pictures of!

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.