In the Ear? Really???

I feel your pain I'm stuck with nothing to hunt till fall again unless I travel somewhere.
Anyway nice hog DJ hope I can get one that big in two weeks when I'm down in Florida.
Crazy two weeks heading to see Mickey today for my sons 2nd bday and returning with one day to pack for my hunt and get back in the truck and drive back down to Florida. Lol and I thought I traveled a lot for work. On a side note I will post more photos so you will have plenty of more material to work with in the future DJ. Lol I'm almost excited for some more of your work

Killed these three in the trap this morning. The two week total for three traps is 48 hogs.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    368.4 KB · Views: 83
Me thinks the hogs have caught on to the traps. We had been consistently getting hogs every day in the traps, but not a single trap in any of the traps since Friday. The corn we put out Friday has not been touched.

This same pattern occurred a few years ago. We got out over 100 hogs in 4 traps in about 2 weeks, but one night all activity stopped. I can guarantee that we didn't trap all of them, so they must have wised up to what we were doing.

i haven't trapped, but i've heard they get trap shy after a while. doesn't surprise me.

snox, you shud get the thermal. you won't regret it. maybe even one to mount to the dune buggy for chasing them down.

i finally finished the late doe/spike season and hope to get back to hogs. my gun is starting to look like it's on life support with all the gadgets connected to it and cables running everywhere. i may just have to duct tape everything down

i haven't trapped, but i've heard they get trap shy after a while. doesn't surprise me.

snox, you shud get the thermal. you won't regret it. maybe even one to mount to the dune buggy for chasing them down.

i finally finished the late doe/spike season and hope to get back to hogs. my gun is starting to look like it's on life support with all the gadgets connected to it and cables running everywhere. i may just have to duct tape everything down

I was talking with a guy at the gun store today about trapping hogs. He said that he trapped quite a bit, and it seems to follow a pattern. He traps once or twice a year. He said they catch on to the traps after they realize what is going on, then they avoid traps like the plague. He waits about 6 months, then tries again. When he kept the traps out year round, he caught a bunch at first, then nothing for the rest of the year.

I second DJ's comment about getting a thermal. You won't regret it!

I like the idea of chasing them down. Lol sounds almost as much fun as shooting them. Just hard to spend that much when I have to travel to hunt hogs. Wish I had more time by when I get time to travel it's usually for deer or some other kind of creature.

Just when I thought the hogs had caught on to the dangers of eating corn out of a trap, I get a call telling me that one of the traps had 7 hogs in it this morning, with a 250 lb sow amongst the captured hogs.

I'll head down tomorrow at sun up to see what I can find.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts