In the Ear? Really???

Very impressive DJ. Nice batch of Hogs.

Just got back from worst hog hunt I ever attended....Packrat - 0, hogs - 70. Will post the story tomorrow and glad I'm even able to post it. **** deer hunter thought Packrat's were fair game and tried to fill his quota. If I hadn't been shot at before and knew how to react, he might have succeeded.

Tomorrow.........am exhausted right now.

Packrat

i finally got the mini dvr hooked up to the thermal scope and got some hogs on video.

[ame="https://youtu.be/2GTXaqdUcng"]https://youtu.be/2GTXaqdUcng[/ame]

then i turned it off to close in for the kill. i turned it back on for the slaughter, but i guess something came loose. the kill vid was scrambled. i did manage to kill several hogs though. recovered two right away.

thermal%20hogs_zpsznvkonej.jpg

i knew i killed more than that, so i went back in the daylight and found two more.

two%20more_zpsiqprt3ow.jpg

i'm certain two more were hit but they made it to the brush. still wishing y'all could have seen the shooting :cool:

While checking out anything posted lately, I happened to notice this picture of djones sitting on the trailer ball on his truck, with a BIG smile. I think the hogs were incidental to the photo!

Will post story of hog hunt after Xmas. Total chaos around here right now!

Packrat

this guy is a hog hunter from france. i was able to help put him on some hogs and he took one at 360 yards with a 6.5-284 in the last minutes of usable light.

frenchie1_zpsu38qcgco.jpg

he had a translator and the best i could tell is they are allowed three rifles with a lot of registration paperwork. no pistols are allowed at all.

frenchie2_zps0jscwjmv.jpg

Once again, we've had a bunch of rain around here. We've had close to 10" in the past 10 days, which has caused the rivers and streams to rise, thus pushing the hogs into areas they typically don't visit.

There are too many hogs to kill with a gun, so the guy that lets me hunt his property has started trapping.

I haven't been hunting in about 2 weeks with the in-laws visiting for the holidays, so I went out yesterday morning to put out corn. I didn't know that my friend had moved a trap, so I was a little surprised to find 7 pigs in a trap.

The hogs were dispatched later yesterday morning, and will be served a his family's New Year's party in a few days.

Attachments

• IMG_4934.jpg
    IMG_4934.jpg
    308.6 KB · Views: 78
i guess the frenchie thing does sound bad when u put it like that.

id let those hogs out a few at a time and shoot them like u were on a shotgun trap range.

I was going to go Rambo on them with my Mossberg 530 semi shotgun, but my friend didn't want them killed since it would have been several hours before he could recover them and he didn't want them to spoil in the almost 80 degree weather.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.