• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED In search of new elk rifle

njones125

Looking for a new elk gun I have been considering the following calibers. 7mm mag, 300 rum or 338 rum. Would prefer a semi-custom gun. Trued action, aftermarket trigger, brake ect. Just to give you a ballpark of what I'm looking for if I buy new I would probably go with a Rem 700 Sendero, do a brake and Jewel trigger. Don't need scope and would like to keep max weight at 8 or so lbs. Let me know what you have. Thanks

How far away...do you want to be able to kill an elk......????
How much $$ were you planning on spending...????
Out to 500 yds a lot of guns will do it..... not the shooters.....outside of 500 yds.....say...
500-1000yds.... need 1/2 moa accuracy... and $3500.00...and practice..... shooting it......
I own and have built several rifles that will do that.... pm me....
bill larson

Sorry I should be more specific. Currently my longest elk shot has been just under 600 yds with a 30-378 and I wouldnt push that distance, at least not right now. I would like to be able to play with steel out to 800-1000yds. I would like to keep the bare budget around or under 2k.

I dont know how to edit or delete this thread. I appreciate all the PM's and some very nice deals on nice guns. Someone gave me some information on a custom build I can do on one of the actions I already have. Sorry if I wasted anyones time, that was not my intention.

I have a brand new .28 nosler if your interested text me at 8433386573

I have brux 1-9 barrel fluted with muzzle brake remington varmint countour.vanguard action , trued blue printed , etc . Timney trigger dies , brass , loaded ammo , bulets , manners 2ta stock its a perfect elk gun. Only 30 rounds shot for load work up. Carolina precison rifles made it . SHoots 180 bergers at 3150 fps .5 . Come with egw 20 moa rail , burris 30 mm rings , can include nxs 5.5-22x 56 moar reticle scope if need be .

.338 WM (Right-Hand)
(Made in Sweden) Husqvarna action
Douglas barrel with brake
black matte fiberglass stock
shoots 210-gr. Nosler Partitions 3/8" groups (near 2,950 fps)
mounts - 1-inch rings
Redding dies
$1200

I sold my (M700) 300 and 338 RUMs
They shot real good - but gave me a headache after 10-rds.

Now, I'm leaning on my 7mm Mag and 30-06 - no muzzle brakes! :)

.338 WM (Right-Hand)
(Made in Sweden) Husqvarna action
Douglas barrel with brake
black matte fiberglass stock
shoots 210-gr. Nosler Partitions 3/8" groups (near 2,950 fps)
mounts - 1-inch rings
Redding dies
$1200

I sold my (M700) 300 and 338 RUMs
They shot real good - but gave me a headache after 10-rds.

Now, I'm leaning on my 7mm Mag and 30-06 - no muzzle brakes! :)
Hey Lefty,
Do you still have this? Pls email me a couple pics...what's the weight? Is the brake removeable? Thanks, Kenneth [email protected]