Imr4350 vs h4350 vs 4350sc for those in the know?

• Thread starter Deleted member 107796
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 107796

Greetings,
Anybody with experience with these powders, is there any real difference between the 3?

Do not interchange charge weights between IMR4350 and H4350.

In my experience a barrel will like one OR the other in the cartridges I've tested the two.

There is NOT a H4350SC........
There used to be.

For a very short time, right around the time Hodgdon was introducing the new "extreme" H4350, it was advertising the new powder as "short cut" because they still had some amount of the old powder in stock. When the old stuff was gone, they switched over entirely and dropped the "SC".

I only had 1 or 2 cans with that label and never saw it again.

John Barsness has also referred to it in one of his articles, for what that is worth.

Side note: AA4350 in it's current form burns closer to 4831.

Last edited:
Sorry, Accurate 4350 is the other powder I wanted comparison with.

Sorry, Accurate 4350 is the other powder I wanted comparison with.
Accurate 4350 in it's current form is made in the IMR plant in Canada, and my current load with it for 30-06 and a 190 grains Nosler is 58.8 grains and that is 2% off of where I found pressure. My H4831 load is 59 grains. So it is quite a bit slower than the other 4350's.

IMR and Accurate 4350 are really close. In my experience it is as close as two different lots of the same powder. Matter of fact I use the exact same load in my 25-06 and it shoots the same group size over all and to the same POI out to 300 yards which is as far as I have been able to test it. H4350 is a bit slower burning than the others in my experience.

IMR is a bit more bulky than H in my experience. I am using IMR in my 6.5x47L simply because I could not get the H when I got my rifle. I bought some IMR because I have had good luck with it in the past. I can't get quite as much velocity with the IMR due to capacity constraints but accuracy is good.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.