Idahoans sound off.

Gone Ballistic, Have thought about hunting with a handgun? They are light to carry and the recoil is not to bad.

chuck m

I'll probably be able to shoot a rifle that I have by using a pod later on this year. Probably by late November. I have a friend of mine working on building me a mechanical sling that will allow me to brace from my elbow, if it works and is comfortable enough to handle. It will have a yoke I can hold onto with my hand, keeping my elbo attached to my side. I won't be able to go out walking and carrying a rifle, but could ride in a UTV to a blind and sit . I have a small farm in Orofino that I'm going to hunt this year if I get some time. I had 102 elk winter on it last year and have quite a few whitetails and turkeys on it. It will get better when I get some food plots established. I've been raising crabapple trees from starts in my garden here. I hope to transplant around 100 of them next year. Some of them are up to six feet tall this year. It's really funny. I took out a crabapple tree three years ago that was almost 30 years old. It made my pond and patio area horribly messy. I said I'd never have another miserable#%&@ crabappple tree again. After I bought the farm, I read that whitetail deer love crabapples. I started getting starts groing out of my lawn everywhere where the tree had dropped apples as well as birds. I dug them up and put them in burlap with a soil and manure mixture and furrowed a couple of rows in my garden area. I keep sawdust and wood chips over them and they took off. I'll start transplanting them next year when I'm able to fence protection around them until they're big enough to make it on their own. Should be a good draw for deer and other critters and pretty and also cheap.

I'm taking off for Orofino today. Have to get building, perc test, septic, road and well permits. I'm hauling my travel trailer up and leaving it there until I get my house built. I have to get a crew in to pour a foundation for my 30' X 44' shop and place a culvert bridge and gravel road in. Won't be on the computor for a few weeks. See ya'll later!

im not a true idahoan but im stationed in mountain home. grew up in ohio and all i have really done is shoot rockchucks and squirrels and the odd coyote but when i get back from afghanistan i hope to get out and experience what idaho has to offer.

im not a true idahoan but im stationed in mountain home. grew up in ohio and all i have really done is shoot rockchucks and squirrels and the odd coyote but when i get back from afghanistan i hope to get out and experience what idaho has to offer.

Thank you for your service!!

Looking forward to your welcome back!

There's tons of stuff to do in Idaho...

ive already gotten out after the whistle pigs before i came over here looking forward to getting back an sighting in my new rifles maybe catch some coyotes or try my hand at some deer once i get my shooting down and know my comfortable ranges

Calling the southcentral home. Enjoy the seasons, enjoy being a scout leader, have shot long
distance. Served in the Army and National Guard. Family has a long history here.

Recent Posts