I'd really like to hunt bear this fall in MT, ID or WY. Suggestions, Help?

sambo3006

Like the thread title says I'd really love to hunt black bear this fall with a non drawing bear tag. I've been hunting either CO, UT, or WY every year for about 15 years for elk and deer. I've seen a few bears including a beautiful blonde and cinnamon bear two years ago but have never had a tag.

I would really like to do a fall hunt but I'm hesitant to drive 1500 miles or so without some kind of plan in place. Would love to tag along with somebody who is an experienced bear hunter. I'd love to kill a big one like anyone but would be happy to take any bear medium sized or bigger. I'm easy to get along with and in decent shape but I'm not super freak athlete like some of you guys.:D

Here are a couple of pictures of the color phase bear I saw in CO two years ago. Watched it from 100 yds or less for about 15 minutes but no tag!
Coloradobear-1.jpg

Coloradobear-3.jpg

Hey Sambo,
I could probably help you out. My usual bear hikes range from 3-8 miles. Still get around pretty good for being 51 years old. I hunt ID & WY. Let me know if you are interested.
Kirk

Nice talking to you, Catahoula. If you are ever in my neck of the woods give me a shout.

I ended up booking a bow hunt in Ontario. I'll be sure to post some pictures (hopefully a grip and grin photo) when I get back. Good luck to everyone this fall!

Hey Sam,
stay in touch. I really like chatting with hunters all over the country. Good luck on your bear hunt. Will be expecting photos! Bear is pretty good eating as well.
Kirk

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.