I need a 50 BMG size press.....not ammo master

lazylabs

I just setup my ammo master press. Do you guys have any suggestions for a better press? I have a redding ultra mag press that has worked well up to this point. The ammo master I have has way too much slop in the ram to use. I found the corbin press but that's a bunch of cash.

Thanks

You might check with these people: www.ch4d.com/

I don't know if their Champion press is larger than an UltraMag, but they sell 50 BMG equipment, so there's a chance that it could be adequate.

I know what ya mean about the slop i ordered a ammo master it was terrible called rcbs they said it was in spec.
Sent it back and got a rockchucker supreme was loading 338 rum
at the time and just bought a lee clasic kit for the 50 bmg and didn't look back.

Don't know if this is informational or timely, but I've noticed that Hornady has a 50 BMG press that is of similar design and price as the Ammomaster. It may not have the quality problems that you have experienced. Maybe others can offer further input.

The Lee is a superb press. I do not own one personally, but know of many who have. The only two complaints I have heard are that you have to use lee 1 1/4" dies and the press could be a 1/2" taller to make it easier to use.

The corbin is the end-all press, but it better be for 750 smackers and there is a waiting list.

Many shooters use the ammomaster and have posted very respectable groups at matches. I think the dies and shellholder are more important than the press is. M2 precision makes the best dies and also I think Mike still makes hand dies if you can find an arbor press solid enough to use them.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts