I have an old Rem. Sportsman 78, .30-06

Yep that's what happens when you take the word of magazine writer...:mad:

It is the 6mm Creedmoor. Good catch.;)

With the mistakes that I've been making lately, I counted the cases and the names several times. I kept looking for a missing comma etc. I just knew that I missed something. I came so close to not saying a thing.

I found the boltfaace thread after I originally posted this then edited it to reflect that I found it. I don't know where it went. After I found it my question was about being to use the feed area for a 6mm Rem. It is a Adl equivalent, it has a blind mag. I've modified a Savage 116 to a removable mag. and for this one if I don't have to I'd rather not. I did the other to get a 3.850 mag. to fit. The 06 and 6mm use the same boltface, the case length is shorter and the case diameter is smaller I believe so I don't know how it'll affect the feed. I'm thinking that I can have fun it with a long for caliber bullet and if I have a problem finding 6mm brass I can use 243. Ya'll's thoughts. Oh by the way, I want to use cheap/used parts until I see how I like it.
30-06 and 6mm Remington share the same base dimensions so they take the same bolt face. Also, they have the same body diameter, the 30-06 case is just about 3/8 inch longer. You won't have any feeding issues unless someone, somewhere along the kine messed with the feed rails which is highly unlikely. Yes, the 6mm has a longer neck, NO YOU CANNOT FIRE 243 WINCHESTER SHELLS IN Tge 6mm Remington! 243 is blown out more on the shoulder and if you could somehow force it into the chamber and fire it, you would most likely be eating parts of your bolt and seeing out your ears!