I hate to do this but pictures don't lie

G

I hate to do this but pictures don\'t lie

Ok...
I have had tremendous results with the 162 A-max and the 7wsm...
However, my quest for better kept gnawing at me...

I tried the 175 gr SMK and a max load of H4831sc ( actually .2 grs under...

well I fired a 5 shot group and guessed at the velocity well I musta been real close or the sierra manual is just that good.
H4831sc175mk_5_.jpg

I had 3 shots left so I concentrated this time...

H4831sc175mk_3_T2.jpg

Well I had to try this load in the second twin too...
H4831sc175mk_3_T1.jpg

UNFREAKING BELIEVABLE!!!!

Win Brass
WLRM primer
H4831SC ( 61.0 grs )
175 gr SMK
avg. Vel. 2825 fps

Re: I hate to do this but pictures don\'t lie

Holy smokes Ric thats some fine shooting there!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
That gets me all pumped up thinking about the stick Chris is gonna build for me! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Wheww Weee!!

Nice!! I knew it had to be somewhere out there!

[ QUOTE ]
How far off of the Lands are those MK's?

[/ QUOTE ]

About 499 yards from the lands at the muzzle.
neener.gif

Pictures don't lie, good groups those off brand barrels really shoot!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Hey Crosshare, I just noticed that was your first post. Welcome to LRH. Don't mind me. Every once in a while I try to be funny. Sometimes it actually works. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Stand by for a solid answer to your question. I'll shut up and find another member to pester.(for now anyway)

HEY UNCLE B. WHERE ARE YOU HIDING?
couch.gif

Come on now. That could be anything from a full on, "I'm drunk and you're gorgeous and we will never be here again." big wet sloppy smooch. That might mean .010 into the lands. OR it might be one of those "Go say good bye to your aunt betsy. But mom, Aunt betsy keeps letting her teeth fall out on her plate." smooches that really isn't you smooching at all but rather some eyeballs painted on the back of a baseball mit held up at the last moment. This could be .030 or more off the lands.

So which is it Rick? Clear it up for the new guy.

My God thats some incredible shooting. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif what kind of rest do you use?

forky.. man you bring up memories...

OK the lands measure 2.280 ( measured from base to ogive using the stoney point guages) the loaded round measured to the ogive is 2.280

Bowman...

REST??? what the hell is a rest...? these groups we fired from prone using a bi-pod and a rear bean bag...

I don't do any of my LR anything shooting from a bench... whatsthe point... after 500 or so rounds the law of probobility says you'll hit it... LOL!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

yeah, Chris just builds em that good...

Ric, what kind of rifle do you have, caliber, action, barrel, stock, ect and who built it. That is some great shooting!!!!!! Thanks, Wildcat.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.