I drew my Oregon tag!

Skimbleshanks

I drew my Oregon tag this year! Im taking my 30-06 with 175 Bergers or my 7 mag with 168 Bergers. And it isn't even a question. I don't care what one I take. The day will come and I will grab one and go. They are both in the same category right? Honestly a 400+ yard shot at an animal would need the weather/wind to be very consistent for me to squeeze. I can't see a difference.

I drew my Oregon tag this year! Im taking my 30-06 with 175 Bergers or my 7 mag with 168 Bergers. And it isn't even a question. I don't care what one I take. The day will come and I will grab one and go. They are both in the same category right? Honestly a 400+ yard shot at an animal would need the weather/wind to be very consistent for me to squeeze. I can't see a difference.
Exactly which Oregon tag are you referring to?

Congratulations! I'm going into next year with 21 points so we will see if it happens for me next year. Best of luck.
Its a shame that with 20 points you didn't draw this year, assuming you are putting in for Mt. Emily, Wenaha or Walla Walla. My hunting partner and I decided about 8 years ago to stop chasing the big 3 and try and do a "decent" hunt every 3-6 years. We drew the tag we wanted this year, and hope for a pretty good hunt and feel our odds are pretty fair considering our draw. Think we got the tag just in time as from what I hear the wolves are getting worse and worse where we are going.

What critter?