I change my vote

That is a fantastic idea

@Chris is this possible?
Or ...

We ask that you be a registered member for 30 days and 30 posts and have some interaction with the community in forums other than the classifieds before you can be approved to participate in the classifieds.

They MUST meet both minimum thresholds, regardless if they post 30+ in 30 seconds.

Or ...

We ask that you be a registered member for 30 days and 30 posts and have some interaction with the community in forums other than the classifieds before you can be approved to participate in the classifieds.

They MUST meet both minimum thresholds, regardless if they post 30+ in 30 seconds.
If we are going to do this, let's have all the people who are here just to sell, interact within the forum also.
Fair amount of sellers only, no need for double standards.

Maybe, instead of ...

View attachment 539962
... it should be ...

We ask that you be a registered member for 30 days, make at least 25 30 posts (1 post per day limit) and have some interaction with the community in forums other than the classifieds before you can be approved to participate in the classifieds. 🤣

Patience is a virtue! 🙏
Some forums I'm in…you can't even see the classified threads until you have reached a post minimum elsewhere in the forum and been around a minimum number of days.

If we are going to do this, let's have all the people who are here just to sell, interact within the forum also.
I agree. I'm new here looking at what people are talking about and I have to scroll through the new posts to find stuff that doesn't say "for sale" in the title

Or ...

I should finish reading before I comment…my last reply said exactly this 😂

I agree. I'm new here looking at what people are talking about and I have to scroll through the new posts to find stuff that doesn't say "for sale" in the title
I do not see any double standards when the intent is to discourage scammers and protect LRH members from being scammed.

I had no issues with the current or the previous rule, but "I" do due diligence and only deal with outstanding LRH members with positive feedback.

I am curious if LRH members like @Deputy819, @DesertDweller62, and others who do a lot of activities in the classified forums have any issues with what is being proposed.

Last edited:

Just remember that some members will go back thru your post history to see what type of member you are. Quality trumps quantity everytime in most member's eyes.

I'd buy from you, or sell to you< way less risk. We all have to start somewhere.
I remember back in 2K, as one of the first Gunbroker members sending 1K+ cashiers checks to members with nothing more than an email and address, that was an awakening.
Today, it you get scammed, accept some of the responsibility, there were things that could have been done.

I'd buy from you, or sell to you< way less risk. We all have to start somewhere.
I remember back in 2K, as one of the first Gunbroker members sending 1K+ cashiers checks to members with nothing more than an email and address, that was an awakening.
Today, it you get scammed, accept some of the responsibility, there were things that could have been done.
I, too, have been a GB member since 2005 under the same screen name, but I am no longer active. I agree about taking responsibility for your risk, decision, and its consequences, regardless of the situation.

I, too, have been a GB member since 2005 under the same screen name, but I am no longer active. I agree about taking responsibility for your risk, decision, and its consequences, regardless of the situation.
Lol, I just bought a rifle on there an hour ago, I'm sure that I overpaid, but could not live another minute w/o owning one.