hunting and target scope

dougedwards

I know that this must have been covered before but I am new here. Not even sure how to access the search feature. I am having a custom made Swinglock muzzleloader built to shoot 9.3mm bullets and want a fine scope to sit on top
Smile.gif
This is all going to set me back a pretty penny and i want a scope that will do the job for long range hunting and also have enough magnification for 300-400 range target shooting.

Clarity and light gathering features are of importance of course but not sure I can or should afford a Kahles although that is what I really want. My question is concerning the Nikon Monarch 6-20x44 as compared to Zeiss Conquest, Bushnell Elite, and Leupold VX-3 and others in the $400-$700 price range. Is the glass on the Monarch really comparable to the Zeiss Conquest?I know that this is subjective for sure but just am looking for a little imput.

Thanking you in advance........Doug

I would be interested as well. I have a Conquest but I was wondering what others thought about how they compared with the others on your list. I have a feeling that the Conquest would have the best glass of the brands you listed though. Zeiss glass really is *that* good.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts