Howdy from NM

Big_Kumar

Finally decided to introduce myself...

I was born and raised hunting and fishing on our cattle ranch in central Texas where I spent most of my time chasing doves, ducks, deer, and pigs. There were a couple of years of active duty that didn't allow me to hunt, but I was able to sneak in some time in the woods when I was stationed in west TN. I have hunted over crop fields and in river bottoms with everything from a bow or shotgun to muzzleloader and rifle.

My career has recently brought me to Los Alamos, NM and I don't have a clue about chasing elk or mule deer through the mountains but I thought that this would be a good place for me to start learning.

Hello, I'm new here as well. Im from Wyoming, I've never hunted elk in NM but considering adding it to the states I put in for.

I'm a new member trying to learn how to post and dig through different forums and threads on here to learn as well.

Most of my hunting background is mule deer and whitetails in the Midwest South Dakota and Nebraska. And hunting elk in Colorado and Wyoming. I've also gotten into spring bear hunting in Idaho and Wyoming now for the past few years.

Welcome! And enjoy hunting in NM! I'd love to hunt giant pronghorn down there one day.

All my elk hunting for the past many years have been in New Mexico. It is one of my favorite states to hunt along with Wyoming.

Happy to have you as a member of this forum and I am sure we will enjoy your contributions to the many discussions.

Welcome from North Carolina.

I appreciate the warm welcome!

I am fortunate enough to work with a great group of guys that know have been hunting northern NM for the past 5 yrs to >30 yrs, and they have been an amazing wealth of information. With their help, I was able to figure out where I wanted to apply for tags, so now we just need to wait and see how I do.

Recent Posts