How to tell a rem700 from the cust shop

sniper1911

I have a Remington mod700 in 300 Weatherby Mag . I know that Remington stopped regular production of the 700 in this caliber in 88' or 89' . My question is , how do I tell if its an African Plaines model ,a model 700 from the 80's , or a 700 from the custom shop . The begining of the serial # C640xxxx . Any answers would be most helpful as well as appreciated. Thanks & God bless !!!! [email protected]

I know that on mine, which is a .338WM KS Mtn rifle, it has a Hart barrel, not Remington, that was only avail from the Custom Shop at that time. You can check with Remington , they can tell you the details.

Last edited:
On most custom shop rifles , there is no writing on the barrel,Im not sure if the caliber is there or not , but theres no pat dates ect. Good luck on finding out more . Go to remington .com , get the # for cust service and ask for KEITH DIE ,or e-mail him @ [email protected] . Hes the man that can certainly tell you ANYTHING you need to know about Remington weapons . GOOD LUCK & GOD BLESS !! MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts