How did you find us here at LRH.com?

I've always been interested in LR shooting from my military days and have combined it with hunting, found this site on the web and liked what I saw, hope to learn some things here.

New Zealand

I was looking for long range loads for my .223, and also info. Looks like a great source of info about all sorts of long range hunting!

I have been interested in Silhouette shooting for several years. I started that in about 1995. I shoot a 7BR out to 200 yards from an XP100. Then, when I saw a posting on another site about comparing 7BR with 308 for hunting, that site had a link to this site.
I don't really consider myself a long range hunter. I have niver killed anything at much over 100 yards. I do like the idea of being able to shoot accurately at long range, but as far as actually "hunting" with the main goal being to shoot game at anything over 300 yards, I am not equiped to do that. My main hunting rifle is a 338 Win Mag. I use it for everything in the way of big game, deer, elk, bear. With 215-225 grain bullets, by my calculations 300 yards is about the maximum range that the gun will shoot efectively unless I start calculating bullet drop. That would require me knowing the exact distance of the target, and my range finder only goes out to 400 yards.

Gaday lads, TK from Darwin Australia. Avid long range hunter from the land of Oz and always appreciate a source and knowledge base of people that endeveor in advancement to our recreation such as the site before me.

My friend, gitthatdawg, referred me to this sight as a fellow member was looking for a rifle that I had and was not using. I actually have a bunch that I am not using that might be of interest here and that I recently acquired a varmint 25-06 rig that I have not yet fired. I have been hunting since the 60's and gave up a huge buck in South Texas because I had never shot anything much beyond 220 yds and the 11 point 22" spread (killed the following week from the stand I was hunting was 400-500 yds and I passed the shot hoping for a closer opportunity which did not happen. I am hoping to extend my shooting ranges from what I might learn here and thanks to the admins for this great site. gun)

Seems that i'll be on time for the 10 th aniversary.......i.ve been reading this forum for a few years but never logged in,so now i did it and 1 of those give away binoculars are gonna be mine...after that i''ll ask you guys for the megamillions winners numbers .....lightbulb

Hello from South Africa.
I was looking on the web for a spitzer bow tail bullet in .30 cal and you came up.