How did you find us here at LRH.com?

Just looking for load data and saw long range hunter and I like both just dumb luck looks like a great informative site

Actually I found the site by typing in "Long Range Hunting Rifle" and I have been droping in ever since. Lots of interesting discussion and I hope to be part of it as soon as I can get some practical experience. I am indeed in Northern New Mexico, Taos to be specific, been here for a little over 4 yrs. I drew an elk hunt the first year I was here and didn't see a thing. People were driving out with kills left and right. So I think I need to improve my skills as a hunter.
Currently I'm in the market for a Remington Sendero in a 7 rem mag or 300 win, but having trouble finding one. I currently have a 7 mag in rem BDL and I really like it, it's about 25 yrs old and shoots slightly over 1 MOA with hand loads.

Just surfing web,trying to find some load info and saw member giving info on mixing h4831sc with h4831 by accident.i purchased 8 lbs h4831sc,didnt notice the sc at the time,its been 20 years since i was into loading and my things have changed.i'm shooting 338 win mag and and have box of barnes 185gr tsx bullets.does anyone have a pet load for these 2 animals??thanks for any info.i do like ur site

As I understand it in the designation H4831SC the SC stands for Short Cut, as in shorter granules. They are the same powder otherwise. They did that so that it would flow better through a powder measure. Can anyone verify this?????

thanks,

Welcome aboard those calibers are both flat shooters you should find what you are looking for here. John from Colorado

By Googling for load data, I'm a smk fan and have their reload manual,but trying for a consensus , its not about ego its about progress !

Last edited:
Ahoy everyone ! just found your sight and love it . down in sw florida and went with a buddy to a local gunsmith to pick up his rifle and saw a GIANT stock covererd with dust behind a table . I asked if it was a bench rifle and he acted surprised . I should say now that Im not a pro at long range shooting but being from central TEXAS with a ruger 7 mag Ive shot my share of long shot coyotes .He said he custom built it for a 1000 yd competition shooter who died before completion.To make a long story long I got the rifle for the price of his time and its a 7mmstw built on a mauser 98 action with a handmade bull barrel . It weighs in at a fat girl weight of 23 lbs ! Ordered a 38 power scope THAT I COULD AFFORD ! and am looking to assemble this week . Its a never fired weapon and break in is a concern . ordered remington ammo as it was as cheap as local brass and i plan on reloading the casings . Crazy as it sounds I would like to shoot a mile . Dont beat me up I know it isnt reallistic but I stumbled upon a well engineered rifle built for one thing , long range. will post pics as this beast is MASSIVE. All advice is welcome and I will try to document my progress. Thank you all

Our 5th anniversary is coming up on April 11, 2006. I think we should have Dave King think up some really wierd festivities to mark the occasion. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Dave....? (Maybe start a new thread --- 5th Anniversary)

We will be up to over 6,000 members by then. I am interested in hearing how some of you more recently new members have found us.

So...let's hear it!

Found you on Bing while searching for a review on the Rossi model 92 lever action in 454 Casull Caliber.

I'm not a hunter, but I like to shoot and I like heavy lead! In addition to my desire for the Rossi, I have a Raging Bull in this caliber.

I also have a carry permit (as does my wife) and we took a 4 day defensive handgun course at Front Sight last fall.

I'm a strong defender of the 2nd Amendment, but for Liberty and defense - not for hunting. It's not that I have anything against hunting, I did it as a kid, but never could get any game past my pallet, so I quit.

In addition, I have a Marlin 1895 Guide gun in 45-70 and a Stevens 350 pump shotgun with ghosts sights - purchased for protection in bear country (with Brenneke Black Magic slugs). My wife and I like the western mountains and hike in the national parks. Never know when you'll need protection from a Griz.

For carry, I have an XD40 and my wife has an XD9 sub-compact. I reload for all my guns - especially now that ammo is so hard to come by and expensive.

I Found your site several years ago when I googled looking at Rem. 700 300 WM. I never realized that there were so many guys that love to shoot a long way out...And know how to do it well! I have learned a lot from the guys here and enjoy the technical discussions about rifles...my moto is "I have never met a rifle I dont like". At least that is what my wonderful wife tells me.