Hornady Superformance 162 SST or Federal Berger 168 Hybrid Hunter?

SMEDALT

I'm trying to decide what load I'd like to go with for my brand new Tikka t3x Roughtech chambered in 7mm rem mag (1:9.5 twist). I'm new to this caliber and long range shooting/hunting in general.

I don't have the time/resources to reload and develop a load for my rifle so I'm set on picking a factory load.

With all the knowledge on this website I'm hoping some folks can help me decide between these two different factory loads based on their experiences and or expertise.

Thank You!

I know you didn't mention it but I use 162 ELDM/ AMAX exclusively in my Sendero 7mm Rem Mag. Shoots very accurate all the way to 1500 yards as well as dropping a few whitetails with no issues.

The best thing you can do is a buy a box of each and see which shoots the best in your rifle. Then go buy all the same lot you can get or afford.
This is your only option if you are not shooting handloads. I shoot a howa mini action in 6.5 Grendel that i have zero plans to reload for so i bought a tuner style muzzle break that will help shrink your group sizes with factory ammo. I use the EC tuner break.... cut group sizes from 1.25" to .5" with a lot of different types of factory ammo. Don't get stuck on 1 bullet! Try everything you can get your hands on, different weights, different types, different manufacturers.

I know you didn't mention it but I use 162 ELDM/ AMAX exclusively in my Sendero 7mm Rem Mag. Shoots very accurate all the way to 1500 yards as well as dropping a few whitetails with no issues.
I've also shot this bullet during the past couple of deer seasons. It's probably available in Hornady factory ammo, not sure, as I reload only.
I took two fairly large bodied whitetails, different days, at 400yds, same spot and both hit the dirt. I love the high shoulder shot for shooting pulp wood paths.

I shot the Federal 168 Berger hybrid hunter in my 280 AI and it is super accurate, more accurate than my handloads with 162 ELDM. I think it's definitely worth buying a box of it to try

Recent Posts