Hornady marketing

100% they will sell more bullets by convincing people that their lies are the truth.
If that was the case, wouldn't they go out of buisness? Wouldn't people catch on eventually?

I'm by no means defending anything. Like I said before the majority of my shooting is done with berger and Sierra now. I'm just trying to cut through the crap and try to get down to why so much negativity.

If that was the case, wouldn't they go out of buisness? Wouldn't people catch on eventually?

I'm by no means defending anything. Like I said before the majority of my shooting is done with berger and Sierra now. I'm just trying to cut through the crap and try to get down to why so much negativity.
LOL!
1715951585337.jpeg

How many people bought their bullets, even just to try them. After their heat shield tip claims?

If they weren't trying to sell more bullets. They would have just made the change and not said anything. But the idea is to differentiate their product from the rest. And to show how their products are superior

I use/have a long list of bullets, including new and old Hornady bullets. At this time, there is only one bullet manufacturer that I will never use.
Nothing wrong with that. I remember you mentioning that @FEENIX.

I have some older Hornady's on my bench. I could always get Sierras and Bergers to shoot better. I'll admit I have not tried any of their newer bullets that are very popular (i.e. the ELD x and m lines). I've had no reason to do so.

I am contemplating a 6 CM or a 6 ARC. I would try their 108 ELDM in either and probably have good results. I'd prefer a Sierra TMK, but they can be tough to find.

They make decent products for the money and do a pretty good job with availability. If they would cut out some of their marketing cost and pass the savings to the consu
Now that's funny 😆
They are already cheaper than their competitors and supply more product lol

Something else I experienced with Hornady is inconsistent "Match" ammunition. I had bought some of the 108 gr ELD-M for the 6mm Creedmoor and was getting 1/4 moa groups at 100 yards with my favorite rifle. I ordered another case since I was getting low and couldn't do better than 3/4 moa. I pulled apart a cartridge from each lot and it was obvious the powder was different. I've been thinking about this and my take is Hornady was more interested in selling the product than matching any sort of accurate load. They just wanted to keep the $$ coming in.
Hornady is pretty open that they will change powders and try to match accuracy kpi and pressure kpi and keep ammo flowing.

I get why that's a negative, you have situations like 7prc where the velocity on new lots was down 100fps or so from old lots with the powder change.

The other option is to let the shelves sit empty like other manufacturers do and **** people off in a different way.

Personally, if I've got to pick I'd rather have the shelves full and less "where are all the bergers at?!?!" Posts

but I can see why some companies don't make that choice

Recent Posts