Hornady ELD-X 30 cal 212 gr

375drag

Hello everyone I am new here! I am from Mississippi , and I am looking for any info that can be shared on the Hornady Eld-X 30 cal 212 gr bullet. I am tring to load it a Remington 700 Sendero ii in 300 win mag.

Hello everyone I am new here! I am from Mississippi , and I am looking for any info that can be shared on the Hornady Eld-X 30 cal 212 gr bullet. I am tring to load it a Remington 700 Sendero ii in 300 win mag.

Welcome to LRH and enjoy! YMMV, see below ...

Attachments

• ReloadingData300WinMag212grELDX.pdf
    63.5 KB · Views: 267
Welcome to LRH and enjoy! YMMV, see below ...
Hello again ! Thanks for the info you shared in 16.. I have more questions if you don't mind ? I am still shooting the sendero in 300 win mag . I have been shooting the berger 210 vld with 75.5 grains of h1000 a Winchester magnum primer and Winchester brass . In 56 degree weather in this part of the country I got 2773 average velocity. I recently have been tring to load up some rounds for higher velocity with win brass fed gold match primer and the 210 vld I got up to 84 grains of powder and stopped there . I started getting rings around the ogive at 82 grains and it looked worse at 84 grains . will this hurt the performance of the bullet and what can be done ? Seat the bullet out further ? I am 12 off the lands now.. Change powders ? Retumbo , RL 26 , & even maybe RL 33 has anyone tried that? Also will turning the necks for a more uniform tensions for each round help out with spreads in velocity ? and when weighing out my brass what should I use and not use ? Thanks for your help and time !

The 215 will give you some speed IS THAT 82 GRAINS OF H1000???? PULL IT APART NOT SAFE IF YES

The 215 will give you some speed IS THAT 82 GRAINS OF H1000???? PULL IT APART NOT SAFE IF YES
10-4 so what would be a max powder charge ? I have had no sign of stiff bolt , the primer looks fine and no signs of stress on the case. Any knowledge and methods you can share for working up a proper round would be appreciated.

When the book loads are 7 grains off for a max I really couldn't say. You found your seating depth I would start with a chronograph about 2 grains off the book max. I load 4 of each at 1/2 grain intervals to 1 grain over book. If I find a flat spot in the velocity and it's an acceptable speed I will run .2 from the bottom to the top also over the chronograph. The load that jumps out of a really good es would be for the next colder temp. It usually will shoot a few rounds with good sd then as it gets hot it will climb out of the extreme spread. Hunting guns I want 10fps or less in 5 shots with the cold bore being not the slowest. Target guns 10-20 shot strings and no more than 12fps. Usually you can get single digit in both if you use good components and give everything full prep to remove as many variations as possible.
Also check your scale to make sure it is true.

Sorry for not responding sooner. Looks like Capt RB got you started. Berger 215 IMHO is a much better choice. Unfortunately, I do not have my Berger loading manual with me to make any references, left it at work.

I do not have a current 215 load for my .300 WM but have one for my .300 WSM for a relative comparison. I am propelling the 215 at 2780 out of a 24" barrel with RL-17. Others are saying that RL-26 will give a few extra velocity but I have not tried them yet. As Capt RB noted, seating depth can be tricky/mystery in finding the sweet spot and each rifle and load combination is different. Because it is a hunting rifle, I started with .010-.020" off the land, I ended up at .160" off the lands for the best compromise of velocity and accuracy.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.