• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Hornady 6.5 PRC modified case

It is used with another tool to determine at what seating depth the selected bullet would be touching the lands. Helps you determine where to set your seating depth should be for starting if you are going to seat out further than saami specs. Seating jammed into the lands increases unwanted pressure. Some find better accuracy with different starting seat depths. It is part of fine tuning your load...

hope that helps.

fwiw - Stoney point is who made my tool, they were bought by Hornady... so now the tools are branded Hornady. But Stoney point is also a phrase that jives with same thing.

It is used with another tool to determine at what seating depth the selected bullet would be touching the lands. Helps you determine where to set your seating depth should be for starting if you are going to seat out further than saami specs. Seating jammed into the lands increases unwanted pressure. Some find better accuracy with different starting seat depths. It is part of fine tuning your load...

hope that helps.

fwiw - Stoney point is who made my tool, they were bought by Hornady... so now the tools are branded Hornady. But Stoney point is also a phrase that jives with same things or

hope that helps.

fwiw - Stoney point is who made my tool, they were bought by Hornady... so now the tools are branded Hornady. But Stoney point is also a phrase that jives with same thing.
Thanks. So basically sounds like a case that allows for easy sliding a bullet in/out more easily in order to take repeated CBTO/COAL measurements.