Hornaday 7mm 162 actual bc

porkchop401

Has any body know how accurate the BC is for 7mm 162 Eld match, the web site says .652 just wander if people's experiences show this to be true? I have already bought a hundred for a new build , just looking for a accurate starting point in developing drop calculations.

.652 seems a little high. It looks like maybe they switched the last two numbers around. I'm going with .625...

Hornady is testing with Dopplar, all the people including Litz seem to think that Hornadys BCs are now accurate... This what I took from all the conversations I have seen anyway..

Hornady is testing with Dopplar, all the people including Litz seem to think that Hornadys BCs are now accurate... This what I took from all the conversations I have seen anyway..
Yep, they aren't just calculating them from tables, they have spent a heck of a lot of money building an LR test range and their calculated BC's are coming from actual dopplar testing.

The BC on the 7mms has changed since first release even. The box of 162 ELD Match (Lot #2160168) I have says its .627 G1, when I emailed hornady they told me to use .652 G1 which is what the website states now. I don't know if its just a matter of differing lots, additional testing, or what.

The BC on the 7mms has changed since first release even. The box of 162 ELD Match (Lot #2160168) I have says its .627 G1, when I emailed hornady they told me to use .652 G1 which is what the website states now. I don't know if its just a matter of differing lots, additional testing, or what.

Wow!!! Not sure what's going on, but that's a pretty big jump. That's good, if it's a true BC..
I emailed them a couple questions on the change...

I don't know how many people have actually emailed them about it, but with how many I've seen asking about it I'm surprised they haven't come out with a statement of what's going on. The confusing thing, at least from what I have seen... The only ones that changed were the 7mms.

For anyone interested, here is the response I got when I emailed Hornady about the BC change...
Mr. Stevens,

Thank you for your inquiry. After further testing through Doppler radar we found the B.C. of these bullets to increase from our original testing.

Thank you and have a great day.

For anyone interested, here is the response I got when I emailed Hornady about the BC change...
Mr. Stevens,

Thank you for your inquiry. After further testing through Doppler radar we found the B.C. of these bullets to increase from our original testing.

Most people aren't paying enough attention to notice the change, but they aren't as persnickity as we are.

What this tells us is that even though they've already done a massive amount of work getting ready for the release of the ELD's they continue development and testing which speaks very highly for them.

I've always had a prejudice towards using Hornady because this is the same level of commitment to excellence and good customer service I've seen from them for the thirty plus years I've shot their bullets and ammo.

Mr. Stevens,

This is the same response I got this morning form them..

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.