Home security system

Calvin45

The original and best home security!

Attachments

• 565E0531-4709-4D8A-96D9-27CF73B602CD.png
    565E0531-4709-4D8A-96D9-27CF73B602CD.png
    419.5 KB · Views: 166
Yeah, come on in I dare you!View attachment 462698
My own doggies are much much smaller BUT…the really little one is actually one heck of an alarm system - she notices EVERYTHING! Hypervigilant. And let's the bigger one know she sees or smells or heard (or imagines 🤣) something is nearby.

The bigger one is new, about a year and half old. Still mentally a puppy. CHEWS UP EVERYTHING! But is just unbelievable good with my four young children, gentle, fun to play with, but already fiercely protective of them but able to stand down if my wife and I tell her it's okay.

My wife was out for a walk here in town with two of our kids and the dog the other day…some harmless but drunk and obnoxious people were walking the other direction and just being a bit loud and belligerent and one of them staggered a bit too close. The dog scared the 💩 out of them 🤣. It's crazy how intimidating a bark and growl she has for not being more than 60 pounds yet honestly (gangly teenager phase) just a psycho deep voice and combined with all the hair on her neck and back standing straight up combined with "the pit bull face" that people (wrongly) assume means she's more dangerous haha and big or not, you'd have to be pretty stupid or desperate to get any closer to those kids, she just automatically puts herself between them and whateve she perceives as a threat. But the second my wife said "stand down it's okay" the hair stopped bristling and immediately stopped growling and thought this meant that these people wanted to be her friend 🤣

No idea what all breeds she is. A rescue. Her mom was a pure bred pitbull, her dad an anonymous heinz 57 "rez dog". But we're pretty sure there's some bloodhound in there. Crazy nose, longer legs and slimmer build than a pitbull, but most of all….the howling and baying!!!! She barks when she's mad or alerting something.,..but when she's really excited and happy and cuts loose it's the most ridiculous "roooorooooooroooowooooooooooooh" haha. Some kind of hound in there. The vet wrote "pit-hound" on her file! This is one of her many idiotic and undignified poses….

Attachments

• 00AF119A-4017-402D-9E46-DAA468D60742.png
    00AF119A-4017-402D-9E46-DAA468D60742.png
    674.4 KB · Views: 44
Oh I would! Those look like some lovable dogs!
They are just big babies to me,where I live I get almost no people coming over they do not like strangers at all! Here's pictures of my latest dog Ruger. He is a biter. I got him from a rescue in Missouri. He was given up because he bit his owner before they just don't know how to treat dogs I guess he's a great dog very aggressive, but not towards me or my other pets.
IMG_5044.jpeg
IMG_5090.jpeg

They are just big babies to me,where I live I get almost no people coming over they do not like strangers at all! Here's pictures of my latest dog Ruger. He is a biter. I got him from a rescue in Missouri. He was given up because he bit his owner before they just don't know how to treat dogs I guess he's a great dog very aggressive, but not towards me or my other pets.View attachment 462730View attachment 462731
And a right proper couch stealer! 🤣

He's always on guard you notice how he sleeps with one eye open! LOL
You have a ruger and I have a tikka. The little alarm system. A small rug/mop with legs and beady little eyes. She's actually just been the best dog ever. Will be 10 this October. Was with us when we were a family of 2 and now as a family of 6. Loyal and brave to hell and back…but cursed with a small and somewhat frail body 🤣. A lion heart haha. Cross between a wire haired daschund (weener dog) and a jack russell terrier. A rodent killing machine when we go visit dad at the farm too haha! The cats have nothing on this cute little killer. Her back knee is prone to dislocating which is too bad cuz for the first 8 years of her life there was only one speed ever: full speed!!!! I don't think she'd have ever backed down from a fight with a much bigger dog when she was young and stupid (a lot of men are like that too 🤣) - but one day a saintly patient Great Dane-coonhound cross (father in laws) calmly put her in her place by holding her head down under his paw until she calmed down. The whole time she's snarling and the big old dog just looks like "oh dear God you're embarrassing both of us" 🤣

Now she's pretty mellow. Kind of sad in a way seeing the fire die down a little more each year.

Attachments

• 352491A4-D863-4141-97B4-E60FE975AA14.jpeg
    352491A4-D863-4141-97B4-E60FE975AA14.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 30
Last edited:
You have a ruger and I have a tikka. The little alarm system. A small rug/mop with legs and beady little eyes. She's actually just been the best dog ever. Will be 10 this October. Was with us when we were a family of 2 and now as a family of 6. Loyal and brave to hell and back…but cursed with a small and somewhat frail body 🤣. A lion heart haha. Cross between a wire haired daschund (weener dog) and a jack russell terrier. A rodent killing machine when we go visit dad at the farm too haha! The cats have nothing on this cute little killer. Her back knee is prone to dislocating which is too bad cuz for the first 8 years of her life there was only one speed ever: full speed!!!! I don't think she'd have ever backed down from a fight with a much bigger dog when she was young and stupid (a lot of men are like that too 🤣) - but one day a saintly patient Great Dane-coonhound cross (father in laws) calmly put her in her place by holding her head down under his paw until she calmed down. The whole time she's snarling and the big old dog just looks like "oh dear God you're embarrassing both of us" 🤣

Now she's pretty mellow. Kind of sad in a way seeing the fire die down a little more each year.
We have so many similarities It's kind of crazy.the dogs I've shown are my dogs, but this is my wife's dog Ruby nearly identical to what you described. She's 10 years old with the heart of a Warrior! She got into it with my female Dane (Benelli or Nelli for short)
image.jpg
ended up getting 27 staples but that didn't slow her down much old age is though.