Holy Axis!!!!

jabey9210

Let me start off by saying I've always loved savages but the when the axis or edge as it was called came out I never liked them and never even considered owning one. My wife needed a new gun she wanted a 7mm-08 in a youth model because she is only 5'0" tall and youth models fit her better. So I found a good deal on a new in box axis youth and thought well if she doesn't like it I'm not out a lot of money. Anyway I got it home and the first thing I did was replace the spring in the trigger which brought the pull down to around the 3.5 pound range which is tolerable. Then I loaded some 140gr Vld's over some reloader 15 loading them 3 thousands off the lands. I was happy because for $200 2 out of the four loads I worked up it was a solid 1" gun. Then I messed with seating depths I moved them out and touching the lands the groups shrank to 3/4" then I moved them to 20 thousand's into the lands and wholy crap am I impressed here are the results First one is me at 100 yrds second one is me at 200 yrds and the third is my wife at 200 yrds plus out of that tiny 20" barrel she's flyin at 2825fps never will I doubt savage again.

Attachments

• IMG004[1].jpg
    IMG004[1].jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG005[1].jpg
    IMG005[1].jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG007[1].jpg
    IMG007[1].jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 75
Ya I'm not gonna lie I'm a little ah struck by it for the little amount of money and work I was quite surprised how well it shoots everything I've ever read on them said they were accurate but geeze. I loaded 4 different powder loads then took the best of that then loaded 3 different seating depths and ended up with a 1/2 moa gun all I can say is WOW!!!!!

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.