hog hunting

screech

any body have a good ranch or outfitter that has hog hunting? We want multiple hogs with no trophy fees. any extra rams etc. would be a plus but not really a requirement. thanks

i run a 6000ac ranch in south texas for hog hunting we get 150.00 perday per person min two day and three hunters. you can shoot as many as you can haul off /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif and we have some 2000yrd shoots

Jeff

Would you send me an email, it is in my profile. I am intersted in a 1-2k oportunity in March. Kind of a dead time for me because squirrel season is over and turkey season has not opened up. I might can persuade some antelope shooter from Oklahoma to come with me. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I might can persuade some antelope shooter from Oklahoma to come with me.

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif Just wait til I tell Jesse and Bryce they have been replaced by some Oklahoma shooter /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Oklahoma?, Arkansas? close enough for guv'mint work. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

We'll see what Jeff has to say for himself. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Some where close to Jimm - South Texas might have been doable. And we will need at least 1k shooting lanes. I am only interested in long range. I am not saying that I am good enough to kill one past 1K only that I got some bullets that need their primer popped. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I was thinking about going down to Big South Fork Kentucky but am not sure ther are any long range places there.

Buffalobob, now you are talking my game. We have a 1500acre farm which 650acres is for cotton farming. I have it marked out from 300yards to 1 mile. Whats cool about my setup is that I have a 6000sq' barn we set the bench up in on the north side and the south side I have a toilet and my machine shop where I do my loading. You can sit at the bench rain, sleet or snow and stay dry warm or cool whichever the weather might be. We can fire up the pit flip some steaks and drink your favorite beverage of choice right at the bench while waiting for the east Texas grizz to make his appearence.

In the middle of the cotton field we have a 65acre gravel pit lake the hogs like to hold up in. When the come out to play they are usally anywhere from 900-1400 yards. Me and Mikie/Tx was shooting at them at 1350 earlier this year with my 300rum, now that we have our 270am with the 195's they are going down. I would really like to get 2 lined up and dump them both with 1 shot. Lets get together and do some long range poking. Bring Kirby and Richard with you.

Tim

Does a hog know it has been shot at -at 1000yds.??
I mean do they scatter and dive for cover or jump -run a couple of steps and stand there puzzled?
sorry for the question on your question screech. Mike

I have seen them do both. I guess it all depends how much they have been shot at and relate the blast to the end result DEAD!.

Hogs are a very smart animal. They can be educated to have sharper instincts then any varmit or whitetail that has been called in by calls or rattling.

As far as table fare well, I've ate whitetail, mule deer, antelope, axis, nalgai, moose, even a dam bear all the ways you can think of prepared by the so-called best in the west cooks and I have to tell ya, I'd feed it all to the hounds, but I would fight a gut shot grizzly with a dull knife for the hog.

Look under Mike/Tx's profile and the link to his pic's, there are a few that we have taken. We have literally shot them as they have ran by at 20mph+ hitting your leg and clicking their jaws and teeth as they go by. And we have shot at them up to 1350yds. The farthest confirmed kill was one that I made a couple of weeks ago at 676 with my 270am shooting the 195's.

Tim
American by birth...Texan by the grace of GOD.

[ QUOTE ]
Buffalobob, now you are talking my game. Lets get together and do some long range poking.
Tim

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey guys, can I come to, can I huh? Can I?

The last messing with hogs I did was at an NALC hog trial down in Conroe. Ol' Phogg, that's was my dog's name did pretty well on the cattle part. But was disqual'd during the hog part for catching.

I wouldn't give you squat for that up close and personal stuff with those critters. Those things know how to use them tushes. The score after the first 4 dogs & hogs was hogs 3 dogs 1. I helped a fella stitch up one of his dogs between heats. I'll stick w/the AM and 195 ranges, thank you.

PS: I found no link to web page or pics /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Well hell ya you know you are...all I ask is that if you smoke you put the butts in your pocket instead of on God's country. And any drinkin going on is after the hunt and the rifles in the rack.

Hey Roy, this is Mike/Tx,
Tim said there are only two requirements for the trip. One that you verify your zero when you get here, and the other is we need to know how fast you can run the 40yd dash. Since we know how fast we are, we just need to be able to beat you through this stuff....
P4010004.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.