Hog Hunting Light

Well I did order one and it is everything I hoped it would be. It comes out of China, so it takes a while to get. But it lights the world up easily out to 100 yards. Our feeder is 107 yards according to my range finder.

We went last night and no hogs came in but it would have been as easy as a day time shot. My wife was using a 7.62X39 20" barreled AR-15 that I've built. It does have a lit scope but she said she didn't need it turned on. The black crosshairs were very visible without turning on the scope!

Well worth the money I spent on it! I didn't use the barrel mount that comes with it. I used a one inch scope ring that has the thumb screw to attach it to the rail so I can take it off easily to use it where ever I want, plus it goes in the gun case better without it on the side of the hand guard.

She can't wait to get back out and try it again!

I bought one of the green illuminator lights that mounts on the rifle and with the adjustable spot I can use a conventional scope that works fine with the light on The green laser did ok but it did not light up the hog as well as the illuminator does and with it I can follow the hogs to get another shot.

The lights that mount on the feeder worked well for bow hunting where ranges were kept to below 50 Yards and you dont want to hang anything on your bow. Because you could pick the hog you wanted and if you remain quiet, many times they would/will come back if your bow is silent. I have seen them stand and look around after the first arrow kill.

Any kind of light works, some better than others depending on the terrain and distance.

Its all fun though. and some are very good eating.

J E CUSTOM

Got a hog hunt lines up in East Texas in mid April. The land owner has given his permission to hunt at night so I plan to take the rifle mounted spot light.

71hARzIQU1L._SL1001_large.jpg

Plus I'm thinking to take some solar lights to put on his feeder legs.

I should have the wife's 6.4 Creedmoor built in time for the hunt!

Can't wait...she is almost as excited as I am.

rags,

Let me know how yours does on a hunt.

Her new 6.5 Creedmoor build is up and running so I hope she get to put a bulet on a bone soon!

We used our light again last Friday night on her new 6.5 Creedmoor, but the wind killed us. Game camera pics from the week before had them coming in right at dark but no one showed up.

The coyotes had the feeder surrounded. We never seen any but they were within 150 yards of our blind on three sides. So that didn't help much either. They started up just after sun set.

We are a week and a half away from our hog hunt. We will for sure be using the light above after the sun sets.

Stay tuned for the results of the hunt. I hope the wife doesn't notice we are hunting on Friday the 13th!

LOL she will be hard to keep in the woods after dark.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.