• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Hodgdons Store RETUMBO!!!!@

Just called HODG. Missed out on the sale and asked, what are there plans for 2022. This is what I was told:
  • Most of their powder takes 4 or 5 business days to make a full run. They would not tell me how many pounds that is but for all intensive purposes it takes 5 days
  • Extreme Powders take a bit longer and RET takes longer than any other. It can take 15 days to make a run of Retumbo.
If you got some - awesome. If you didn't, you may want to find an alternative. Its going to be a long time before we all get some and with the contract and the 20 other powders they make regularly, it is not at the highest priority for them given the time it takes to make it. They can make a run of 3-4 other powders and sell it all in the time it takes to make 1 run of RET.

I found 16 lbs of N565 and 16 lbs of N570 at my local store by pure chance and they let me buy it. Burn rates are the same as H1000 and RET

I am usually loyal and love to use enough powder to burn through a barrel and bullets - in these times looks like I cant so I am going to run a ladder and load with new stuff after I shoot my RET out.

Food for thought

Just called HODG. Missed out on the sale and asked, what are there plans for 2022. This is what I was told:
  • Most of their powder takes 4 or 5 business days to make a full run. They would not tell me how many pounds that is but for all intensive purposes it takes 5 days
  • Extreme Powders take a bit longer and RET takes longer than any other. It can take 15 days to make a run of Retumbo.
If you got some - awesome. If you didn't, you may want to find an alternative. Its going to be a long time before we all get some and with the contract and the 20 other powders they make regularly, it is not at the highest priority for them given the time it takes to make it. They can make a run of 3-4 other powders and sell it all in the time it takes to make 1 run of RET.

I found 16 lbs of N565 and 16 lbs of N570 at my local store by pure chance and they let me buy it. Burn rates are the same as H1000 and RET

I am usually loyal and love to use enough powder to burn through a barrel and bullets - in these times looks like I cant so I am going to run a ladder and load with new stuff after I shoot my RET out.

Food for thought
I dont believe Hodgdons even makes Retumbo or many of their powders in the US. All made in Australia and has to come in by ship
offshore California!!! Ships all stuck there.......that also is part of the problem with Retumbo, Varget, several others/.

I dont believe Hodgdons even makes Retumbo or many of their powders in the US. All made in Australia and has to come in by ship
offshore California!!! Ships all stuck there.......that also is part of the problem with Retumbo, Varget, several others/.

Yes, like H4895 ... I so want to get an 8-lb jug of that. It seems to be so rare, I haven't even heard from anyone that they've seen it sold.

Food for thought

565 is slower than h1000... and 570 is slower than retumbo

Kasey

565 is slower than h1000... and 570 is slower than retumbo

Kasey
Close enough for the calibers I am running. Besides, if H1000 and RET arent available, I would rather go bang than not

Attachments

• a-vihtavuori-reloading-guide-fk-jagd-handels-gmbh.jpg
    a-vihtavuori-reloading-guide-fk-jagd-handels-gmbh.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 47
I have 8# jug of N565, 8# jug of 8133, id sell or trade if any has interest, im located in ND