Hodgdons CFE 223

Which bullet are you planning to load? Sierra lists some loads with CFE 223 for 22-250. I haven't loaded that powder for a number of years, but it seemed to work fine in my AR.

Last edited:
I started working up loads for my RRA Coyote AR and was getting 1/2" MOA with 25.5 grs of CFE 223. Never finished with more loads due satisfied with thoses results and to using H4895 for a long time with real good results. Going to try CFE 223 in 6mm BR since I can't find Varget anywhere.

Sub 1" 3 shot @ 1000? Did you mean sub 1 moa? Pretty sure this was just a typo, we've all done it. Sub 1 moa would still be impressive.
To be quite perfectly clear, I was not questioning Alex's integrity. I just wanted to know what he really meant by what he wrote. The tone seemed to tell me he was impressed with the group size but what was the actual group? Or heck knowing Alex's capability and experience, maybe it is 1 inch.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts