Hodgdon Powder - Limiting On Line Sales

Muddyboots

Maybe I am late to this party but I just noticed this on their website. The bold emphasis is THEIRS. Seems like they are self policing as well. The real question will they go to the level of PV against the scammers that are masking their buys through different names etc.

• While we now sell direct-to-consumer on our own websites, we prioritize our shipments to our traditional sales channels to maximize powder availability at sporting goods and gun shop retailers everywhere.
  • We place limited powder inventory for sale on a regular basis on our website. When we are sold out, we are sold out.
  • We do not take backorders and our Tech Services team cannot take orders via email or phone.
  • The maximum order quantity of any powder SKU is 5 and we will only accept one order, per customer, per calendar month.

...and that should be a good thing, anything to thwart the hoarders and profiteers. Unfortunately for me, purchase limits don't mean squat. Hell I can't even log in unless they are out of everything. Every time they get a little powder in stock, the web bots crash the site and wipe out the inventory while I sit there refreshing the web page like a dumb@$$.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.