Hitch mounted game hoists

Ridgerunner665

I have bought one (link below) to help my wife load her deer when she goes hunting by herself...anybody used one of these?

I know lots of people build their own, I could have but by the time I bought the material it was cheaper to buy it...and less time invested too.

My original plan was to build one in the back yard out of 6x6's...but she suggested this, since its portable and can be used in the field to get the deer in the truck...I still plan on making an attachment to the back porch so this one can be mounted there also...I have an old receiver hitch to use for this.

I'll let you guys know how it works in a few months, but I will likely add in some pictures when I get home and maybe give it a test run on lifting something (I'm sure my son will volunteer to be lifted, but he only weighs about 60 lbs., lol)

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B006VWVFQ4/?tag=lrhmag19-20

Been thinking myself about building one, Did not know they had them on Amazon. With your post it kicked me into gear.
between Harbor Freight and Steel Masters, Stuff i have laying around: still have change from a hundred.
Have to get my Chop saw back from the neighbor and start cutting and welding.

V/R
M.Bird

We use one that my son built. Attaches to the receiver of the trailer hitch much like the one you linked to. All welded steel and it works great. Keep in mind that your wife may not be strong enough to turn a single handle crank with a trophy buck hanging on it. Might need some gearing to make it easier to work with.

I saw one in my neighborhood. Thought they made is but it is exactly what the link is.

I want one for my cow elk hunts but not sure it will cut it. If it can then no need for a free standing one in the yard.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.